It was a lazy start to my Saturday morning, which is always such a welcome break from my hectic week days. To make most of it, I made a fun breakfast with these Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes…in my paniyaram/appe/ aebleskiver pan. So easy, delicious and super cute!
I think you all know by now, given half a chance, I’ll use buckwheat for my bakes. Same goes for the pancakes and waffles I make. They all get at least one try with this wonderful glutenfree flour and more often than not, the results are fabulous. As was the case with these little balls of yum!
Soft and fluffy, they cooked up in no time. I’m very wary of eggless baking/cooking, but hey, today was a good day! I did have an egg handy in case the first batch didn’t come out well. I was pretty chuffed to put it back in the fridge! 🙂
Full of tangy lemon flavour and crunchy poppyseeds, these beauties are a must try. They are so great for tiffins, after school or afternoon snack, on the go breakfast…convenient, non messy and healthy.
- I used coconut sugar in this recipe, but if you don’t have it on hand, please feel free to use regular sugar or maybe even honey or maple syrup.
- You can use this same batter to make pancakes or even bake up some muffins.
- Coconut milk can be easily substituted with regular milk.
- These keep very well, in an air tight container, in the refrigerator.
- If you don’t have poppy seeds, you can use chia seeds instead.
Do let me know how it turned out for you. Leave a comment below and share a picture on INSTAGRAM using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods !