Diwali season is on full swing and I’m really not getting much breathing time as I am busy with all the orders! But my daughter’s here from college for a couple of weeks and I’m determined to spend as much time as possible with her. So grateful for all the good things, that right now, shortage of time doesn’t seem to be an encumbrance.
And so I’m here with a short and sweet post because these Apple Cinnamon Waffles must be shared! 🙂
Waffles are one of the most popular breakfasts with my kids, next to pancakes. I like to make a whole batch of these and freeze them. All we need do is pop the frozen waffle in the toaster and presto, hot crunchy- edged waffle is ready for them even on a school morning!
With apples galore in the market, I’m trying to use them wherever I can, apart from eating them as is. So, of course, they had to go in the waffle batter. I kept the batter quite thick and vegan and yet we got lovely fluffy waffles, with a crisp exterior, full of cinnamon-y apple flavour. I topped these beauties with thick, maple cinnamon coconut cream and sautéed cinnamon apples…I’m telling you it was sublime!
- This recipe uses buckwheat, but feel free to use any other flour you like.
- I added a little bit of maple syrup to the batter. You can easily substitute it with honey, sugar or maybe even a banana.
- I used 2 medium-sized apples here. You could certainly use more to get a stronger apple flavour. I think, next time I would do that.
- Greek yogurt instead of coconut cream would be fabulous too as a topping.
- I added chocolate chips to some of the batter..thats entirely optional, not in my house though! 🙂
Do let me know how these turned out for you. Leave a comment below and share a picture on INSTAGRAM using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods !