HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I’m attempting to kick off the new year with detox plan for a couple of weeks. After all that indulgent festive food in December, I can hear my body crying for some light, easy to digest, fresh foods! And I can’t think of an easier way to start, than with a smoothie…a Strawberry Orange Spinach Smoothie!
With the abundance of gorgeous fruits and vegetables in the market, my refrigerator and freezer both, are overflowing with fresh produce.
One quick look in the freezer this morning, found me staring at some small boxes of frozen strawberries, pineapple, blanched spinach..and so a couple of oranges were quickly squeezed for some juice, some frozen peas were thrown in just for a lark!
I wanted my smoothie to look pretty and had the time this morning, so I layered it.. if you’re short on time or if you just don’t wish to get into the layering bit, simply blend all of these together, you’ll still get a delicious, healthy smoothie ( maybe not as pretty..but that’s okay) And believe me, there is no faster recipe to get all that goodness from vitamins, minerals and protein inside you and start your day on a high note!
Who said healthy eating can’t be fun and yummy?!! Leave a comment below , I’d love to hear from you and share a picture on INSTAGRAM using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods!
- If you want to make layers, please make sure your smoothies ( both pink and green) are quite thick. Frozen fruits and vegetables really help in keeping a thick consistency.
- Keeping some chopped frozen fruits and vegetables in the freezer is a great timesaver!
- If you prefer a thinner smoothie, simply add more liquid.
- You can add any liquid of your choice – milk (dairy or non-dairy), yogurt, coconut water.
- You can add any sweetener of your choice. I did not feel the need to add any sweetener at all.