I’ll be honest with you, after all the years of baking behind me, I’ve never baked with mango! Yes mango has featured as a topping or a filling, but never did I think they would be able stand the heat of the oven…until I made these Mango Coconut Muffins!
So not only did the mango bits hold up really well in the oven, they made the muffins so flavourful and moist with all the juices that oozed out. Add coconut to that, and each bite is a burst of tropical punch!
I made these gluten-free with buckwheat and lightly sweetened them with cane sugar. The ripe mangoes and coconut gave enough natural sweetness. I love to use coconut milk in my baking as it not only enriches the baked goodies but also amplifies the taste.
Absolutely scrumptious and healthy, these treats sit happily on our breakfast table and make for a wonderful snack. We need a constant supply snacks for hungry little hands, don’t we?! 🙂
Muffins are one of the quickest baked treats I whip up for my family. No electric mixers required, two bowls and a handful of basic pantry ingredients. They taste the best straight out of the oven, though you can refrigerate them for a couple of days. A quick reheat in the microwave and they are good to go!
Here I have some tips for you to ensure your muffins come out light and fluffy each time:
- Always mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls. Pour over the wet ingredients over the dry ones and use a spatula to gently combine them.
- Don’t over mix. The batter is supposed to look lumpy and a bit scraggy. The ingredients should be just moistened.
- Add the mix ins, like fruits, nuts, chocolate chips last and again very gently stir them in.
- Use paper /silicon liners or else grease the baking cups really well. I always prefer paperliners for a mess free clean up.
- Fill the pans only 3/4s of the way. Add water to the empty cups if you don’t have enough batter to fill up all. This helps in even baking.
- Wait for a few minutes before taking out the ready muffins from their pan, then put them out on a wire rack to cool. You don’t want soggy bottomed muffins.
I’d love to hear about how it turned out for you. Do leave a comment below and share a picture on INSTAGRAM using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods !