If you all didn’t already know, we are a chocolate worshipping family! Because every night has to end with dessert, I like to make somewhat healthier options and in smaller servings like this Fudgy Skillet Brownie. This way the cravings and portion control, both, are taken care of !
This one- bowl recipe is a cinch to make. Thirty minutes from start to finish and you don’ even have to wait for it to cool down! Sometimes I quickly mix the ingredients together and pop it in the oven, just as we are starting dinner and by the time we are done ( we eat fast, especially if we know there’s dessert coming!), the brownie is all ready.
This dessert is an adaptation of my Glutenfree Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie . Apart from a few simple tweaks, I went the “eggless” way here, very nervously as I don’t do much egg free baking! But it seems my fears were unfounded and we got a perfectly gooey, fudgy, chocolatey brownie, crackly crust and all, straight from the oven. We happily and quietly devour it with or without icecream. Really quietly. The only sound you can hear is the scraping of spoon against the skillet. 🙂
- You can make this a completely vegan brownie, by using dairy free chocolate.
- I chose to make this recipe gluten-free, using buckwheat flour. Please feel free to substitute with all-purpose or whole-wheat flour if you wish.
- I used a 6″ cast iron skillet. If you don’t have that, you can use a cake pan instead.
- I baked this with coconut oil . You can easily sub it for any vegetable oil.
- DON’T overbake the brownie or else you’ll get a dryish texture. We are gunning for moist and fudgy! 🙂
I’d love to know how this turned out for you. Leave a comment below and share a picture on INSTAGRAM using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods !