Do you know what I love about summers? All the easy, refreshing food I get to eat. Simply cooked quick meals, cool healthy salads and loads of fresh fruits. Granola fits in beautifully in my scheme of summer eats...my day starts with it and its constantly by my side for snacking.
I'm a tad over-enthusiastic about making different flavours and combinations. And so, when gifted with a big bag of local quinoa, I decided to make this super crunchy Almond Butter Quinoa Granola.
Dubbed a superfood, Quinoa is packed with protein, containing all nine essential amino acids. It's rich in iron, fiber ( twice as much as most other grains), magnesium, vitamin B2, and manganese. It's naturally gluten-free and a wonderful option for people with gluten intolerance.
My homemade Cinnamon Maple Almond Butter added a lovely almond flavor to the granola along with a healthy dose of good fats. Its a really delicious, crrrrrunchy , chewy, nutty and nutritious breakfast and snacking option.
I cannot reiterate enough the importance of eating foods that are freshly prepared and without all the nasties. Making a batch of granola will take only 30-40 minutes of your time, but that's time well invested in your health and well being. So make some today and enjoy a "clean" break from the packaged stuff!
- Use gluten-free oats to make this granola compliant to your gluten-free diet.
- You can use peanut butter instead of almond butter, though the flavor profile will change.
- Feel free to substitute dried blueberries with any dried fruit of your choice.
- Almond butter is easily available online or in health food stores. For those of you who would like to make some at home yourselves, I'll be posting the recipe real soon..Stay tuned!
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Almond Butter Quinoa Granola
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup Almonds Roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Honey/ maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Almond butter I used my homemade Cinnamon Maple Almond Butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup Dried blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Rinse the quinoa very well and drain it.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, drained quinoa, almonds, all seeds and cinnamon powder.
- In a small saucepan, mix coconut oil, almond butter and honey, over low heat till melted and combined well. Stir in the vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Spread out evenly on the prepared tray and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in the toasted coconut and dried blueberries. Allow the mixture to cool for about 30 minutes. Store in an air-tight container. Enjoy!
This granola recipe looks PERFECT! I can almost hear that perfect crunch through the computer.
Oh thank you Laurel!So glad you stopped by! 🙂