Soft, fluffy, and healthy! These lightly sweetened wholegrain Banana Granola Muffins are just perfect for breakfast or as a snack and are super easy to make. These muffins are the perfect use for old spotty bananas you may have laying around at home.
I find granola muffins the easiest and fastest treat to bake. The ingredients are always so basic and you really just need two bowls and a spoon. Twenty minutes later, you are rewarded with a delightful treat straight from the oven.
You can pretty much use any kind of flour..all-purpose, buckwheat, whole grain. I've even tried them with amaranth flour. This time though, I've added popped amaranth to the batter. These muffins are very lightly sweetened with bananas and powdered jaggery.
The homemade granola also adds a touch of sweetness, and a lovely texture to the baked product, with all the nuts, dates and seeds in it. I love oomphing it up with even more seeds and sweet-tart cranberries.
These certainly ain't your regular plain ol' bakes....these are fully dressed, all "ready to go for a party " banana muffins! Grab some on your way to work, for an after school snack, with your 11 o'clock coffee or just simply sit down and enjoy one for your breakfast.
Do take a look at my earlier post on mango coconut muffins for tips on making light and fluffy muffins every time!
If you'd like to make these granola muffins VEGAN -
- Use flax egg instead of egg. 1 Tbsp + 3 Tbsp water. Mix in a small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes till thick and gelatinous.
- Use non-dairy yoghurt instead of regular yogurt.
I’d love to hear about how these granola muffins turned out for you!
More Easy Healthy Muffin Recipe
- Eggless Chocolate Muffins
- Vegan Chocolate Cherry Muffins
- Vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Peanut Butter Muffins
Half the joy of cooking is sharing it with others, which is why I’m always eager to hear from you. So go right ahead and drop a comment or reach out on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook. I hope you love this banana breakfast muffin recipe as much as we do!
Banana Granola Muffins
- 1 cup Wholewheat flour, scant
- 1/2 cup Granola I used my homemade granola. You can use any homemade or good quality store bought granola.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/3 cup Jaggery Powder Or brown sugar/ regular sugar or any other sweetener of you choice
- 2 Bananas, large, mashed
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil, melted You can use any vegetable oil of your choice
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp Popped amaranth
- 1/4 cup Dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp Sunflowers seeds
- 1 Tbsp Flax seeds
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- Combine all the dry ingredients - wholewheat flour, granola, cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, jaggery powder, egg, yogurt and coconut oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ones and gently stir with a spatula, just until moistened.
- Gently stir in all the add ins.
- Spoon in the batter into the cups. Fill them 3/4 of the way. Top with extra seeds/ cranberries or granola if you wish to and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for a few minutes before turning them out on a cooling rack. Enjoy warm and fresh!