I think you all know by now, I love eating seasonally. And this being the season for the king of fruits - Mango, its getting devoured in every form, every day. Apart from eating them straight up, they are going in our smoothies, dals, chutneys, salads and of course my favorite breakfast of chia puddings! Presenting my colorful, super easy Beetroot Mango Chia Pudding Parfait!
Chia seeds are considered one of the healthiest foods. They are quick, easy to use a rich source of protein, fiber, minerals, and antioxidants. Their health benefits are very similar to flax seeds, with one big advantage - they don't have to be ground for better nutrient absorption. They are incredibly rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, which help in lowering triglycerides and supporting healthy cholesterol levels, protect against arthritis, autoimmune disease, and cancer, controlling blood pressure and heart disease.
Along with the goodness of protein-rich, homemade almond milk and fresh seasonal fruits, this parfait really does pack a flavourful punch which is not only nourishing and wholesome but is also super delicious! And so pretty to look at. After all, we eat with our eyes first, don't we?
Eating healthy foods should not be boring and dull. It can be a bright, fresh, fulfilling experience - make that choice every day. Start with just one meal a day, make it count towards your health.
Please do check out the June- July issue of Better Homes and Gardens India ( on the stands now) for this and some more wonderful vegan recipes. Check out their facebook page at BhgIndia and Instagram at betterhomesandgardensindia.
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Beetroot Mango Chia Pudding Parfait
- 3/4 cup Almond milk
- 2 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup or Honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Beetroot Mango Smoothie
- 1/2 Beetroot cooked, peeled, diced
- 1/2 Mango diced
- 10 Black grapes Use any that are available
- 1/4 Apple diced
- 1/4 cup Almond milk
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup/ Honey (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Mango, extra diced
- In a small bowl, mix the almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla extract very well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, give it a stir. Add more liquid if you like a slightly thinner consistency, taste and adjust for sweetness. Spoon into a jar or a bowl. Set aside for a few minutes.
Beetroot Mango Smoothie
- Blend all the ingredients , except the extra diced mango and maple syrup, together until smooth and thick. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Stir in the diced mangoes. Carefully pour over the chia pudding.
- Top with more mangoes pomegranates, edible flowers. Enjoy!
- Feel free to use any milk or even plain yogurt for this recipe.
- If you can easily substitute honey or dates as a sweetener.