Winters bother me. The cold weather makes me lazy and all I want to do stay warm and cozy in bed, but alas, home affairs and work almost never allow that. Luckily my work involves the kitchen, the warmest room in the house and I pretty much spend the entire day there. Kids join in happily..cooking, eating and studying ( if they are being conscientious!). It was one dull cold grey afternoon that we all decided to "make clean yummy something" together...energizing Date & Fig Bliss Balls!
Bliss balls are extraordinarily easy to make. I mean how hard is whizzing a bunch of ingredients in a food processor and then forming the mixture into balls? No cooking, no baking, no chopping. Such a fun kitchen project with the children!
These are wholesome, nutrient-dense foods that will definitely hit your sweet spot. Made with dates and figs, they are wonderfully sweet. No refined sugar! Almonds, sesame seeds, and chia seeds give a pleasant nutty taste. Peanut butter makes them fudgy and gooey. All this, while they provide a hefty amount of fiber, protein, minerals, healthy fats...all the goodness to boost those energy dips!
They are really super for fending off any snack attacks or as post-work-out fuel or an indulgent, however sinless, dessert bite! Hope you'll enjoy them as much as we do.
- Bliss balls should be stored in the refrigerator. I like to keep them frozen though.
- The dough is very sticky. Wetting your hands with a little a bit of water makes rolling easier.
- Any combination of nuts and seeds would work here.
- I don't own a food processor ( deplorable, I know! ) but my good old Philips mixie, worked just as well.
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
- 1 cup Almonds Roughly chopped
- 12 pcs Dates Pitted and soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 8 pcs Dried figs Soaked in hot water for 10 water
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter All natural
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil Melted
- 2 Tbsp Desiccated coconut
- Desiccated coconut, Cocoa powder, Pistachios Optional
- Soak the dates and dried figs together in hot water for about 10 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend together till everything is smooth and sticky.
- Turn out the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or so. Cooling the mixture makes it easier to handle.
- Roll into 18-20 balls. Coat the balls with desiccated coconut, cocoa, finely chopped pistachios ( optional).
- Freeze for 30 minutes and store in air tight container in the freezer. Enjoy!