Strawberry season is here! I'm snacking on them all the time, putting them in salads, smoothies, baking with them and now in this Cashew Strawberry Oatmeal for a fabulous, warm, comforting breakfast!
Clean eating January is going well for me. Completely off refined flour, refined sugar is down to the bare minimum, loading up on lots of water, simply cooked food...I'll be sharing some easy delicious, healthy recipes along my journey. So keep your eyes peeled here!!
Coming back to this pretty oatmeal bowl...I have a little quick strawberry sauce action happening here. It took me no more than a few minutes to make, so while the oatmeal was cooking, this luscious sauce was getting done at the same time! You can always make some extra and pour over your pancakes, toasts, waffles, even on a simple pound cake slice, toasted...SO good!
Homemade Cashew Milk is my absolute favorite. It really gives creaminess like no other non-dairy milk. It takes such little time and effort to make it, that its worth it to have a small bottle ready in your fridge. You can use it to add instant richness to any curry, soup, dal, and even your pasta sauce!
So this velvety Cashew Strawberry Oatmeal really takes no more than ten minutes to put together..its gorgeous to look at, wholesome and gratifying....with real flavors from real foods. Keep the nasties of boxed varieties away!! Nourish yourself, eat well, and keep sparkling!
Who said healthy eating can’t be fun and yummy?
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Cashew Strawberry Oatmeal
- 5-6 Strawberries, diced
- 2-3 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Oats I used Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Water You may need more
- 1/2 cup Homemade Cashew Milk You may need more.
- 1-2 Tbsp Honey/Maple syrup I didn't use any sweetener
- 2 Strawberries, diced
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Almonds
- Heat the diced strawberries and water in a pan over medium heat. Keep stirring together till the strawberries get soft and mushy.
- Take it off the heat, mash well with fork, add the honey and vanilla. Taste and adjust for sweetness. Keep aside
- Cook the oatmeal in water till soft and cooked through about 3-4 minutes. Add some extra water if the mixture is too thick and clumpy. Cook for another couple minutes.
- Add in the cashew milk. Heat through. Add in any sweetener that you're using. Stir well. Taste and adjust for sweetness. You can add more water/ cashew milk at this stage to get the consistency you prefer.
- Pour the oatmeal in bowl, top with the strawberry sauce, flaked almonds and some more diced, fresh strawberries! Enjoy warm!!