After helping me make Jamun Yogurt Popsicles and Raw Chocolate Amaranth Bars, my son has been completely enthused about making “something interesting”. I had promised him chocolate popsicles. In our house, if anything chocolatey is made, it has to be rich and fudgy. We don’t understand anything else! So it was Chocolate Cheesecake Popsicles…though they are really fudgesicles!!
With the mega-success of my Raw Cherry Lemon Cheesecake, I decided to do a similar filling for these pops. Couldn’t get simpler right? 4 ingredients blended together and then frozen. Blended cashews gave them the right amount of creaminess. The richness can be enhanced further with coconut cream. I used light coconut milk as thats what I had in hand. Next time, I’d go for a full-fat coconut milk though…hello…it is cheesecake pops that we’re talking about!!
These were a cinch to make and the chocolate dipping was the real fun part. Even though its optional, I’d strongly recommend a dip or two. Use a really good quality chocolate, at least 70%…it adds another sublime dimension to the pops. You want to bite through that frozen chocolate layer to get to the lush cheesecake. Trust me. Your mouth will be in chocolate heaven!!!
These are incredibly delicious popsicles made with clean, healthy ingredients, but as with all foods, even the very healthy ones, I believe in moderation. In this case, we were very happily satisfied sharing the treat amongst the two of us. Just sayin’, you know…… 🙂
Not only did my little man help me with the blending, cleaning, pouring, unmoulding, making the chocolate sauce, he also clicked away to glory. And then he got this one ( look below), when the popsicles were dipped and dressed and ready to go to the freezer!
You never know what talent you are tapping in a child when you involve them with your work, especially in the kitchen. While it is a skill thats important for everyone, girls and boys alike, its also time spent one on one with your child away from phone, TV, computers. They learn so much from you and you’ll be surprised at what all you can learn from them. 🙂
Chocolate Cheesecake Popsicles
- 1 cup Cashewnuts soaked overnight
- 200 ml Coconut milk light/full fat / cream
- 4-5 Tbsp Maple syrup/Honey
- 2- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder More if you like a deeper chocolate taste
Chocolate Sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup Dairy free chocolate or Dark chocolate (70%)
- 1/4 cup Coconut milk You can use any kind of milk you like
- Cocoa nibs, Pistachios for topping
- Drain and rinse the cashews well. Let them drain well.
- Blend the cashews, honey, half the coconut milk and cocoa powder in your blender on high for 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides as required.
- Slowly add more coconut milk to make a thick, very smooth mixture. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Pour into your popsicle moulds and freeze overnight.
- Gently melt the chocolate and coconut milk together till smooth and shiny. Let it cool a bit.
- Keep a small tray lined with baking paper ready. Unmould your popsicles, and working quickly one by one, either dip them in your sauce or spoon the sauce over each popsicles. Cover as much or as little as you'd like. You may have some sauce leftover..keep it refrigerated, use for icecream, pancake, waffle topping!
- Place them on the ready tray, sprinkle over some pistachios, cocoa nibs if you wish. Put the tray back in the freezer till well set. Enjoy!!