Fudgy Brownie Bliss Balls – perfect pick me up when that afternoon slump hits or for a little dessert bite. Healthy, delicious, chocolatey and oh so addictive!
My family has a gigantic sweet tooth! So I’m always striving to keep a balance between our indulgent and healthy desserts. This is where treats like these brownie bliss balls come in handy. Not too sweet, but just sufficiently so, full of wonderful ingredients and the taste..well think of a rich fudgy brownie…I rest my case.
What Makes Bliss Balls Healthy
The ingredients used in this recipe are very few and basic. Walnuts and almonds, combined with cocoa powder, date syrup, puffed rice and a touch of cinnamon. And the result is wholesome yet really scrumptious. Each of these bliss balls is nutrient-rich, full of fiber, vitamins, and healthy fats. We need fat in our diet..just the good kind…. and this is it!
I used date syrup, which is now quite easily available online and in health food stores. In case you can’t find it, you can just use dates. Pitted dates soaked in warm water for 5 minutes and blended with the rest of the ingredients will work very well. This is the method I used for my Date & Fig Bliss Balls.
Are The Bliss Balls Easy To Make
It’s a treat that needs no cooking, no chopping, no baking! All you need is a food processor and then it’s as simple as whizzing the ingredients in it till a sticky dough forms. That’s a five-minute job, really. Get your kids in to help you form the balls. And that’s it! These are ready to be devoured!
This recipe is very versatile. You can easily switch the ingredients per your preference. Don’t like walnuts? Use more almonds or peanuts or cashews. Add in some rolled oats or popped amaranth in place of puffed rice. Use honey or maple syrup as a sweetener. Blend in any kind of seeds, to make this even more nutritious. A spoonful of any nut butter would make this fudgier..if that’s possible!
I hope these delightful healthy, vegan, refined sugarfree and glutenfree Fudgy Brownie Bliss Balls make it your table. And you enjoy them as much as we do…they are truly little bites of brownie power-packed with goodness!
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Fudgy Brownie Bliss BAlls
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 3/4 cup Almond meal I simply ground whole almonds in my coffee grinder
- 1/2 cup Puffed Rice
- 2 tbsp, heaped cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Date syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2-3 tbsp Cocoa powder for rolling the Bliss Balls Optional
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and grind till coarsely chopped.
- Add the rest of the ingredients - almond meal, cocoa powder, puffed rice, date syrup, and cinnamon. Blend together till everything is smooth and sticky. Taste and adjust for sweetness. If you'd like it to be sweeter, you can simply add some more date syrup, to the "dough".
- If the mixture seems too dry, you can add a small teaspoon of coconut oil or any nut butter of your choice. Even a small quantity of water or nut milk will help bind it better. But do add only a very small amount.
- Roll the dough into equal-sized balls. Coat them with cocoa powder if using. These need to be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- **I prefer to keep these in the freezer during the hot summer days.