This Fudgy Skillet Brownie is the perfect mini dessert to get your chocolate fix! Its an easy one bowl recipe, and gluten-free.
This one-bowl recipe is a cinch to make. Thirty minutes from start to finish and you don’ even have to wait for it to cool down!
Sometimes I quickly mix the ingredients together and pop it in the oven, just as we are starting dinner and by the time we are done (we eat fast, especially if we know there’s dessert coming!), the brownie is all ready.
This dessert is an adaptation of my Glutenfree Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie . Apart from a few simple tweaks, I went the “eggless” way here, very nervously as I don’t do much egg free baking!
But it seems my fears were unfounded and we got a perfectly gooey, fudgy, chocolatey brownie, crackly crust and all, straight from the oven.
We happily and quietly devour it with or without icecream.
- You can make this a completely vegan brownie, by using dairy free chocolate.
- I chose to make this recipe gluten-free, using buckwheat flour. Please feel free to substitute with all-purpose or whole-wheat flour if you wish.
- I used a 6″ cast iron skillet. If you don’t have that, you can use a cake pan instead.
- I baked this with coconut oil . You can easily sub it for any vegetable oil.
- DON’T overbake the brownie or else you’ll get a dryish texture. We are gunning for moist and fudgy! 🙂
I’d love to know how this turned out for you. Leave a comment below and share a picture on INSTAGRAM using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods !
Fudgy Skillet Brownie
- 1/2 cup minus 1 Tbsp Buckwheat flour You can use any other flour of your choice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1.5 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp ( generous) Peanut butter Smooth or crunchy
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup Light coconut milk, at room temperature You can use any milk
- 1/3 cup Dairy free chocolate or Dark chocolate (70%) You can add more if you like
- Sea salt for sprinkling on top Optional
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Grease your skillet/cake pan very well. I used a 6" skillet. You can use a cake pan that size instead.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl - Buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Whisk in the peanut butter, coconut milk, and coconut oil. You'll have a thick ( not pourable consistency) mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the dough out onto the prepared pan. Spread it out evenly. Add more chocolate chips on top if you'd like. Sprinkle some sea salt if using. Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes. Do check it at 15 minutes, if the top looks puffy and cooked and a skewer inserted comes out with moist crumbs attached, your brownie is ready. Otherwise give it another 3-4 minutes.
- Eat warm, straight from the pan, with or without icecream! Its so delicious either way!!