These Gluten-free Chocolate Banana Pancakes are soft, fluffy & so delicious! A wonderful breakfast any day of the week. And making the batter just requires throwing all the ingredients into a blender - its that easy!
Making them gluten-free
If you are regular here, you already know, how much I love buckwheat in my baking. This humble, gluten-free "kuttu ka atta" is now available all year round and is gaining popularity ( rightfully so) as a health food due to its high amounts of minerals and various antioxidants.
While it does have a strong assertive taste, we don't mind it all especially when combined with cocoa powder, banana, and pure vanilla extract - I make my own. It's a really simple DIY project with minimal effort and yields excellent quality.
If you don't want to use buckwheat flour, feel free to substitute with whatever your preferred gluten-free flour is.
Back to these stress-relieving pancakes..they are light, soft, fluffy and yes, chocolatey. Dates complement the chocolate taste very well. They add just a tad amount of sweetness to counter the bitterness from cocoa and make the pancakes moist.
The fun part is making the batter.
Simply throw all the ingredients in your blender and whiz until smooth.
You can preheat your pan on the stove while you're making the batter...that's a time-saving kitchen hack for you.
Top them with fresh fruits, honey or maple syrup.
I loved mine with almond butter and fresh fruits, while the kids never stray from maple syrup.
Note: I made a double batch and refrigerated the leftovers which reheated perfectly well the next day.
Here's the handy dandy recipe for you. I hope you make these gluten-free chocolate banana pancakes and share your pictures as well! I'd love to see your creations!
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Gluten-free Chocolate Banana Pancakes
- 2 cups Buckwheat flour
- 1 Banana
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda levelled
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Light coconut milk
- 5-6 Dates soaked in 2-3 Tbsp warm water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- Add ALL the ingredients in your blender and whiz until thick and smooth. You are looking for a soft dropping consistency.
- In the meanwhile, Heat a heavy bottomed pan to about medium hot. Grease the pan well and ladle in about 1/4 cup of batter.
- Flip when bubbles appear in the middle and the underside is browned, be careful not to burn.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes more on the other side.
- Repeat till you've used up all the batter.
- Stack up the pancakes, top with maple syrup or honey, some fresh fruits. Serve warm and enjoy!!