Is there anything as comforting as a batch of chocolate chip cookies, fresh out of the oven? The aroma of vanilla wafting through the air, the bliss of that perfect bite with gooey chocolate. One of my favourite recipes is this glutenfree chocolate chip cookie with roasted almonds. Easy and scrumptious!
Thanks to the sweet tooth family I was raised in, I've grown accustomed to always having a full cookie jar. But having a house that is regularly stocked with cookies does not bode well for our collective health. So, I make sure out cookie rotation includes some healthy variations every now and then! My go-to is are these glutenfree chocolate chip cookies with roasted almonds.
I adore them, with an extra crunch from almonds that complement those gooey melting chocolate puddles in a chewy cookie. The recipe is glutenfree thanks to buckwheat and ragi ( finger millet) flours. They add such a great nutty and earthy flavour. So while these babies are not the most beautiful classic cookie, they are definitely delectable and worth a try!
This is a very easy, straightforward, one-bowl recipe. Because you are using melted butter, there isn't any need to take out your mixer or even electric beater. I got my cocoa nibs from Earthloaf. If you can't find them easily, just add some extra almonds. Do use the best dark chocolate you can get your hands on, it makes all the difference. I used Callebaut 55% here.
The detailed recipe is below, hope you give it a try and enjoy this cookie as much as we do!
Check out dozens of more delicious, easy cookie recipes here.
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also follow me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookies w/ Roasted Almonds, Glutenfree
- 100 gms Butter melted
- 50 gms Sugar
- 70 gms Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 80 gms Buckwheat Flour
- 70 gms Ragi/ Fingermillet Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 20 gms Cocoa Nibs optional
- 50 gms Chopped Toasted Almonds
- 100 gms Dark Chocolate Chips
- Pre heat oven to 180C. Line a baking sheet or tray with silpat or baking paper.
- Combine buckwheat and ragi flours, baking powder and baking soda in a small bowl.
- To melt the butter, I used a stainless steel mixing bowl and put that directly on my stovetop over low heat. You could melt the butter in the microwave too. Cool the butter a bit. Mix butter, both sugars, vanilla extract and egg in the same bowl really well.
- Add the flour mixture and combine with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Stir in the cocoa nibs, chopped almonds, chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes or until the cookie is lightly browned and just firm to touch. They do firm up further as they cool, so take care not to over bake them.
- Let the cookies sit on the tray for a minute then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Sarah J says
This looks AMAZING!!!! Can't wait to try it out 🙂
Thank you Sarah!
Do let me know how these worked out for you!:)