Guacamole with Roast Potatoes!
This is our favourite new snack, though I would gladly serve it for dinner too. Its easy, healthy and positively addictive!
Guacamole is one of the most popular recipes that is made the world over using avocados. Fresh, vibrant and fussfree, it's a great dip to keep on hand for fun snacking. Not only is it great for eating with tortilla chips, its wonderful in salads, in making sandwiches and wraps, topping savoury waffles. I like to use it as a spread on my roti rollups too. And this combination of Guacamole with Roast Potatoes is absolutely worth obsessing over!
I always recommend serving guacamole immediately to prevent browning. Though in the past, I have made some in the morning, sprinkled the surface with some extra lemon juice, stored in an airtight container and the colour didn't change for two days. So you could always try that.
Traditionally, guacamole is made with just avocado and salt. But any sort of variation is welcome. I like to add tomatoes, deseeded and without the pulp. Not a fan of watery dips! This can also be made as spicy or mild as you like, simply adding fresh green or red chillis or jalapenos or omitting them altogether. A teeny bit of onion is great for texture and a little bite.
Now we all know how delicious the combination of tortilla chips and guacamole is. But this combination with oven roasted potatoes is a game changer. Especially when you belong to a family of potato addicts. The process is fairly simple. Toss the wedges in olive oil, salt , pepper and whatever spices or herbs you like. Spread them out on a baking tray and bake. Bake till beautifully golden brown and crispy. Warm crunchy potatoes dipped in a cool creamy guacamole is oh so so moreish...I know you wouldn't want to stop munching on them!
If you try this recipe, do let me know. I’d love to hear from you! Please do tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes!
Guacamole with Roast Potatoes
- 5-6 Potatoes, scrubbed clean and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Avocados
- 3 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 small Onion, diced finely
- 1/2 small Tomato, deseeded & diced finely
- 1 Red/ Green Chilli, diced finely
- 4 tbsp Fresh cilantro/coriander, chopped finely
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with olive oil, rosemary, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Spread the potatoes evenly on the prepared baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping once. Cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Scoop out the avocados in a bowl using a spoon. Mash roughly with a fork. Leave the avocados with some texture, a bit chunky.
- Stir in the onions, tomatoes, green / red chillis, lemon juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Serve with the roast potatoes. Enjoy!