This fudgy, healthy chocolate mug cake is the best quick and easy recipe for when you need a sweet fix!
Made with wholesome ingredients, you'll get a wonderfully moist, soft, gooey chocolate cake that is vegan and gluten-free.
This healthy chocolate mug cake recipe is really a breeze to make. Made with regular pantry items, it comes together in five minutes!
If you don't have buckwheat flour, you can easily use whole-wheat or all-purpose flour too. I made it with both with equally good results.
Same with coconut milk. If you don't have it handy, go ahead use regular milk. Any vegetable oil will do, though I just prefer coconut oil in my baking now.
So next time you are yearning for an instant dessert, go ahead make this healthy chocolate mug cake, you won't be sorry, and the best part is you don't have to share ( if you don't want to)!
More easy mug cakes:
Gingerbread Mug Cake
Vegan Brownie Mug Cake
Oats Banana Mug Cake
Pumpkin Mug Cake
Chocolate Cherry Mug Cake
I’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below and share a picture of your creation on INSTAGRAM using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods.
Healthy Chocolate Mug Cake
- 4 tbsp Buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder Levelled teaspoon
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda, scant
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp Natural cane sugar Please feel free to increase the quantity if you'd like your cake to be sweeter.
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp Peanut butter, heaped Unsweetened, unsalted
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Light coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Dairy free chocolate or Dark chocolate (70%) chips Optional
- Combine all the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt and cocoa powder in a small bowl. Whisk with a fork to break up all lumps.
- Add peanut butter, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir well with a fork. Make sure there are no lumps. You should get a thick, cake batter.
- Pour in a lightly greased mug, place a plate underneath ( to catch any overflow). Sprinkle some chocolate chips if using. Set the plate in your microwave and cook for 2 mins. You may have to cook for another 30 secs, depending on your microwave.
- Let the cake cool down for a few minutes and then serve it warm, with or without icecream!