You'll fall in love with this Instant Ragi Dosa - it's easy, delicious and healthy! What's not to love?
This wonderful recipe was very generously shared by a dear friend. I not only love the ease of making these but also that its made with Ragi or Fingermillet flour.
Health Benefits of Ragi (Finger-millet)
Ragi, also known as nachani, has a unique, rustic taste and immense health benefits. It's a nutrient-rich cereal, which really does need to come to the fore. Ragi is loaded good quality protein, calcium, fiber, iron, and amino acids. It's gluten-free and very easy to digest, perfect for people with gluten intolerance. You can read more about its benefits here.
Its a very versatile flour and can be used to make a variety of dishes - idlis, cakes, muffins, pancakes, cookies. You can be sure some of them will make their way on this blog! 🙂
I really enjoy amping up the batter with grated vegetables, lots of curry leaves, different fillings - potatoes, cauliflower & peas, paneer ( cottage cheese). My favorite is with any chutney, simple and yummy! They make a great school/work tiffin too.
I hope you love this instant ragi dosa as much as we do! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Instant Ragi ( Fingermillet) Dosa
- 1 cup Ragi / fingermillet flour
- 1/2 cup Rice flour Brown rice flour works just as well
- 1 Green chilli, chopped fine
- 12-15 Curry leaves I left them whole
- 1 pinch Hing/ asafoetida
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 2 cups Water I added a little more
- Oil for making dosa
- Combine the flours, green chillies, curry leaves, hing and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the yogurt and one cup of water. Let this rest for 15 minutes. Add in another cup of water to make the batter very thin. I needed to add about 1/4 cup more.
- Heat your griddle till hot. Lightly grease it and pour a ladle of the batter all over the pan, as evenly as you can. Don't spread the batter with a spatula.
- Let it cook for a 30-40 seconds. Carefully flip it over and cook on the other side for another 30-40 seconds. Continue with the rest of the batter. Serve hot!