These Masala Rava Paniyarams became an instant breakfast favorite at home. They are soft, delicious, packed with flavour and can be made super quickly. The best vegetarian Indian breakfast recipe!
I remember eating paniyarams/appe/paddu many years ago at a friend's house. Once I bought my own paniyaram pan, I could not stop using it!
This is such an easy recipe.
The batter comes together in 5 minutes and cooking it in the pan is a breeze.
I have a nonstick one, so there's no requirement of greasing it, though I do give it the mandatory brush over!
You can add as many vegetables as you want or leave them out..entirely up to you. While this does make a fantastic snack and is great for tiffin, we love to make a meal out of this with sambhar and coconut peanut chutney.
Crispy from outside, soft and fluffy from inside, paniyarams are such a hit in my family.
I hope you will give these a try! Happy eating!
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Masala Rava Paniyaram
- 1 cup Semolina /Sooji
- 1.5 cups Yogurt
- 1 Onion, small finely chopped
- 1-2 Green chillies finely chopped
- 1.5 Tbsp Roasted Peanuts roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 10-12 Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- Whisk the semolina/ sooji and yogurt well. Keep aside for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, keep the paniyaram pan on medium gas for heating.
- Add the chopped vegetables, peanuts, mustard seeds, curry leaves, turmeric, baking soda and salt. This should be a thick mixture, with a soft dropping consistency. You can add some water to loosen the batter, if its too thick.
- Lightly brush the moulds with oil and spoon in the batter. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes before carefully flipping it. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once done, take the paniyarams out and repeat till all the batter finishes.
- Serve warm with coconut chutney or mint chutney and maybe some hot sambhar to dip them in. Enjoy!
Subhodeep Mukhopadhyay says
I really appreciate the way you magically transform something as everyday as Masala Paniyara into something so aesthetic. 🙂
The photos are as usual amazing. I also had a look at the online shop and it is very elegant, colorful and appetizing. Wish you all the very best!
My Latest: How to Double your money in India
Thank you so much Subhodeep! You are incredibly kind and supportive and I really do appreciate that.:)
Thank you so much for featuring the paniyaarams on your blog Subhodeep. Deeply honoured.