Hello everyone!! Quick update from my end…the daughter’s done with her high school exams, time for college admissions, the son is in a new “big” class now and yours truly is as always, complaining about the weather and trying to figure out what to eat!!
As the scorching sun beats down on us, I’m less and less inclined to turn on that oven. So this morning, excitedly armed with a jar of my homemade Cinnamon Maple Almond Butter, I made these No-Bake Almond Cookies.
Now, these cookies are exceptionally easy to make. Think fun kitchen project with the kids during the summer hols. Think easy healthy snack. Think delicious. Think high fiber and healthy fats. Think wholesome, nutritious dessert!
Filled to the gills with sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, almonds, and rolled oats. These babies are crunchy, nutty, lightly sweetened and so gooey….thanks to that almond butter.
- You can use rolled oats to make these cookies gluten-free.
- Coconut/palm sugar may be used instead of honey/maple syrup
- I haven’t used too much chocolate. But feel free to add more if you like. Do watch out for adding the chocolate to the warm mixture, it will melt ( this is my experience talking! ).
- Our North Indian summer is not kind to no-bake treats. So store them in an airtight container in the fridge or in the freezer. You can keep the frozen ones out for a couple of minutes before eating them.
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
No Bake Almond Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats Toasted for 3-4 minutes in a hot saute pan
- 1.5 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup Sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp Sesame seed
- 1/4 cup Almonds Toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp dark chocolate I used dairy free chocolate from Earthloaf
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa nibs optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Almond butter I used my homemade Cinnamon Maple Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Honey/ maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Keep a small tray lined with baking paper ready
- In a large bowl combine the first 8 ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, combine the almond butter, honey/ maple syrup and coconut oil, over gentle heat, until melted and smooth.
- Cool this for a few minutes and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour over the dry ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Form into even sized balls and press down a bit to flatten them.
- Place on the prepared tray and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes until firm. If you're in a rush, just pop in your freezer for 5-10 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!