Do you really need packaged protein bars when you can make amazing ones at home? Look no further… These healthy delicious, nutty and chewy Peanut Cranberry Protein Bars are incredibly easy to make and dangerously addictive!
As many of you may know that I run an online bakery business…have been for the last 6 years. One of the most requested items on my menu is energy or protein bars. Since I’m committed to making them healthy, without any nasty ingredients, I’m happy to share this new recipe with all of you here. Because all good things must be shared!
While there are many options available in the market these days and of course it’s very convenient to just buy some… it’s very satisfying to make your own wholesome snacks. This way, you can control the quality of all the ingredients that go in, the amount of sugar and sodium is in your hands. You can even customize them according to your personal preferences. Plus, you save all that packaging paper/ plastic too!
How Do I Make Protein Bars
Making your own protein bars isn’t a complicated process at all. For these Peanut Cranberry Protein Bars, you simply combine all the nuts, seeds, protein powder, puffed rice and amaranth in a bowl. Heat the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a saucepan till everything melts and is well combined. Simply pour over the dry ingredients and stir to mix well. This mixture then gets baked and once cooled, you cut into squares. Really it’s that easy!
You can easily use any nut or seed butter of your choice. If you want, add some almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts to the mix. Switch the seeds to any that you prefer. This recipe is fairly versatile and allows the ease of substitution.
These bars are great for refueling after a workout, a wonderful sweet treat when the afternoon slump hits, and a happy filler for those lunch boxes! It’s always a good feeling when you’re munching on something that’s healthy and wholesome.
- You can make these Peanut Cranberry Protein Bars vegan by substituting honey with maple syrup or date syrup and by choosing a plant-based protein powder.
- These bars must be cooled in the refrigerator before cutting them.
- Given our hot and humid weather, these are best stored in the refrigerator. They stay well at room temperature in the colder season.
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Peanut Cranberry Protein Bars
- 1 cup Peanuts, chopped into small bits
- 1/3 cup Cashewnut, chopped into small bits
- 1/4 cup Cranberries, chopped into small bits
- 10 Dates, pitted and chopped into small bits
- 1/4 cup Popped amaranth
- 1/4 cup Puffed Rice
- 1/4 cup Protein powder
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Honey/maple syrup/ date syrup
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Flax seeds
- 1.5 tbsp White sesame seeds
- 1.5 tbsp Black sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 170C. Line an 8" square pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the chopped peanuts, cashews, cranberries, dates, popped amaranth, puffed rice, protein powder and all the seeds in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut oil and peanut butter. Gently heat this mixture till the peanut butter and coconut oil melt. Take it off the heat, whisk in the honey. This mixture should be smooth and well combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients. Mix well and press mixture evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow this to cool completely, preferably in the refrigerator before cutting them into small squares. Use a sharp serrated knife for this. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!