I'm not giving up on popsicles just because its September! It's still hot, humid and most importantly, we all still crave them. At all times of the day. Even for breakfast. Well then I had to come with a morning version, didn't I? So here we are with these Cardamom Spiced Plum & Granola Popsicles .
These are inspired by the lovely NAOMI 's granola popsicles. I had a small jar of chocolate granola leftover from a client's order, a box full of plums that I had frozen a while ago, and hey presto, in no time the popsicles were in the freezer.
I really like cardamom with plums as you can see in my Plum & Cardamom Muffins recipe. The heady floral aromatic spice complements the natural sweet tart flavour of the fruit very well. So in went a couple of cardamom seeds too. You can of course leave them out if you're not a fan and the pops will still taste really good.
These are a plum version of my Jamun Yogurt Popsicles and Easy Cherry Yogurt Popsicles. This is truly a versatile recipe - you can use it with any seasonal fruit, add any flavouring you like, add nuts, granola, toasted coconut or any seeds, or leave it out if you wish.
I’d love to see your creation, do leave a comment below and please share using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods on INSTAGRAM!
Cardamom Spiced Plum & Granola Popsicles
- 300 gms Plain Greek Yogurt Use a plant based yogurt, to make this VEGAN
- 1.5 cups Plums, pitted and chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp Honey/Maple syrup You may need to add more if your plums are too sour
- 4-5 Cardamom, only seeds
- 2-3 Tbsp Granola I used my homemade chocolate granola. You can use any good quality granola , homemade or store bought
- Blend together the yogurt, plums, cardamom and the sweetener of your choice till completely smooth. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Pour into your popsicles molds, leaving a little space just below the maximum fill line. Put a teaspoon or so of the granola in each mold. Push it down a bit. Freeze for 10-12 hours. Unmold and enjoy!