'Tis the season! To eat all the delicious foods, push all thoughts of restraint to January! With that thought in mind, I bring to you the easiest holiday candy in the world - Rose & White Chocolate Bark.
I mean this is so easy, there is no need for a recipe. Melting the chocolate is the only skill required! Other than that, it's just the toppings. Add anything you like, as I discovered even fresh fruit would do! You'd have to consume it faster as you want the freshness of the fruit to shine through..but I hardly think that will be a problem.;)
What I can't emphasize enough though is the quality of chocolate you use. Please get the best quality possible to get the best taste. And if rose and pistachio ain't your thing, use any flavoring. For more chocolate bark ideas see my last years' post Dark Chocolate Bark.
In this particular recipe, there is one small tricky part. You need to cool the melted chocolate for a few minutes before mixing in the rose-water. I have a full batch of spoilt chocolate in my refrigerator as you read this!! Patience pays...so wait!!
This also is absolutely fabulous for entertaining or as an edible gift. So simple with such impressive results! So go ahead and share the yumminess and don’t forget to drop in a comment about your customized chocolate bark!
Enjoy this fun video of my little helper putting the toppings on! 🙂
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Rose & White Chocolate Bark
- 500 gms White Chocolate
- 1 tsp Rose Water
- 2 Tbsp Dried Rose Petals
- 35-40 gms Shelled pistachio
- 3-4 Tbsp Pomegranates
- Line a baking tray with silpat or parchment paper.
- Roughly chop the pistachio. Keep aside.
- Place the white chocolate in a large heat proof bowl. Place that bowl atop a saucepan of hot water. Keep stirring the chocolate till it melts. You can also melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Once melted, take the bowl off the heat and let the chocolate cool a bit for 3-4 minutes. Once its cooled off, gently stir in the rose water. If you add it while the chocolate is warm, your entire batch of chocolate will seize...this is experience talking!!
- Now pour the chocolate rose mixture on to the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle on all the toppings evenly all over the surface.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to cool.
- Once completely set, break into rough bite sized pieces. Enjoy!!