Have any of you made your own chocolate or maybe thought about it? Yes? Then you’ve come to the right place! These Vegan Chocolate Almond Butter Cups are surprisingly easy to make and absolutely delightful in taste..take my word on this! 🙂
I’d been tempted by pictures of homemade vegan chocolates popping up everywhere on my Instagram feed and each one more gorgeous than the other! The big plus point? These are naturally sweetened and you get to control the amount going in there, there are no nasties, you are using only a
few THREE ingredients to make them and they are great for kitchen project with kids!
They are also very adaptable. Keep them plain, put peanut butter instead of almond butter, no jam, lots of nuts and seeds…… You have endless possibilities to play around and make these your own!
The coconut butter is the tricky bit…I haven’t seen it on any supermarket shelf, so you’ll need to order it online. I bought mine from here. It’s very easy to use, melts easily and sets really well, unlike coconut oil. And, of course, makes the chocolate super creamy and decadent!
I filled my chocolates with homemade almond butter ( definitely more of this next time) and a teeny bit of raspberry jam to make almond-jelly cups. These were topped with chopped almonds, cocoa nibs, and sea salt. I stirred in puffed amaranth, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, salted peanuts in the leftover mixture and let it set in little muffin cups. I have a very very happy family right now, with everyone’s dessert sorted for at least a couple days!! 😉
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Vegan Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
- 200 gms Coconut butter
- 4-5 tbsp Maple syrup/ Honey You may need more.
- 60 gms cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Almond butter You may use less.
- 2 Tbsp Raspberry jam I used less.
- Cocoa nibs, Sea salt, Chopped almonds For topping
- Line a 12- cup mini muffin tray with paper liners. I needed another tray to fill out 6 more cups.
- Melt the coconut butter on a double boiler. Once its completely melted add in the cocoa powder and maple syrup/honey. Stir it all well. Add in the vanilla. This will be a thin-ish consistency, but gets thicker as it cools. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Fill up the paper cups half way with this mixture. Pop the tray in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes till solid.
- Once set, spoon over a 1/4 tsp of almond butter and even a lessor amount of jam on top. You can add more or less of either, depending on your preference.
- Cover this with your chocolate mixture. Let it set for 5 minutes and then add your toppings. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- Store covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I like to eat these at room temperature! Enjoy!