The cool weather is very very gradually descending upon us. But all the signs of fall are here already... a whiff of festivities in the air, dried leaves, and new produce... Hello Mister Pumpkin!
How I love this humble but super versatile vegetable. And what better way to celebrate it than to make this gorgeous Cashew Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl!
We all know how healthy this vegetable is, don't we? But let me jog your memory a bit...its a rich source of Vitamin A ( for great eyesight), antioxidant beta carotene ( for cancer-protective properties), phytoestrogens (for lowering blood pressure) and fiber. And of course, cooked any which way, its absolutely delicious!
I like to keep some roasted pumpkin on hand always. It's great for adding on salads, pulaos, vegetable curries, soups, and smoothies. So today I've got this rich and amazingly creamy smoothie that really does taste like a silky smooth pumpkin pie, without all that butter and cream. And yet keeps you full and satisfied for quite a while. My favorite homemade Cashew Milk gives it another health and taste boost, though you could easily use any other milk or yogurt too.
I hope you'll try this healthy, protein-rich fall smoothie and enjoy it as much as we do!
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Cashew Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup Cashew Milk
- 1/3 cup Roasted Pumpkin or pumpkin puree
- 1 Banana small
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- Blend all the ingredients together till smooth and creamy. We are looking at a thick, spoonable consistency here. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Top with kiwi, pomegranate and granola. Enjoy!
- I made my own pumpkin pie spice by simply combining 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger powder and 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
- For roasted pumpkin, simply toss together diced pumpkin with a little bit of coconut oil ( or olive oil) and roast at 200 C for 20-25 minutes, till cooked through.