Did I ever mention we are all tremendous chocoholics? Yea, only like a hundred times, right?
Now that the daughter is also home from college for her Diwali break, both the kids are seriously hankering for treats every single day! Thankfully, both love homemade candies, so here we are with these delightful little Crispy Chocolate Treats!!
Incredibly easy and fun to make, these chocolates are a wonderful kitchen project with the kids. And believe me, they are truly a crowd pleaser too. Make a couple of trays of these in the morning and pop them in your refrigerator ( or freezer) for setting. You don't need anything else to serve for dessert, that is if they last that long in your house!!
I used dark 70% chocolate. Melted it with peanut butter to keep it slightly soft and up the protein content as well. Puffed rice ( murmura) and puffed amaranth ( also for making it healthier!) were added to make the chocolates super crunchy...they do stay crunchy even after a couple of days in the refrigerator or freezer. You can use dairy free chocolate as well to make this a completely vegan treat.
Please do use the best quality chocolate and organic unsweetened peanut butter. Both are comfortably accessible at pretty much all supermarkets now. It's always lovely to have a stash of homemade goodies that are clean and free from all the preservatives/additives /colours. And it helps when they are a complete cinch to make, right?
Making your own confections at home doesn't have to be an elaborate task. Just some simple, easily available real ingredients can do the trick and keep everyone's cravings satiated! I’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below and share a picture of your creation on INSTAGRAM using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods.
Crispy Chocolate Treats
- 1 cup Dark chocolate (70%) Or dairy free chocolate
- 2 tbsp Organic peanut butter Unsweetened
- 1 cup Puffed rice/ murmura
- 1/2 cup Puffed amaranth
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt, for sprinkling on top Optional
- Add the chocolate and peanut butter to a medium sized bowl. Melt gently over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave ( in spurts of 30 seconds). Stir till shiny and combined.
- Mix in the puffed rice and amaranth. Pour by small teaspoonfuls in a silicon mould or in mini muffin paper molds set in a mini cupcake tray. Sprinkle some sea salt on top. Tap the tray to release any air bubbles. Pop it in the freezer or refrigerator, until the chocolate is completely set. Take out of the mold and serve immediately. Store any leftovers in the freezer or refrigerator.