The festive season is in full swing. There is enough sweet stuff going around to put us all in a sugar-induced coma if it hasn’t already! So today I’ve got something savory instead to give that sweet tooth a breather. Honey Spiced Nuts…utterly deliciously moreish!
They are a cinch to make as you let your oven do all the work ( with some supervision!). Cumin and smoked paprika make them smokily spicy and honey does a fine job of rounding up all the flavors with a hint of sweetness. You can mix’n match the spices according to your preference.
Whether you are entertaining or just simply having a quiet evening at home, these are your perfect niblets. Packed in pretty jars, they make delightful gifts. And you don’t have to worry about them going bad either…but then they are so gloriously irresistible, you can be sure of empty bowls in no time!!
Its amazing how little effort it takes to eat better and real foods. There are no nasties in here, just simple, clean ingredients. Whoever said healthy snacking is boring, has never eaten homemade roasted nuts. Clearly!
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Honey Spiced Nuts
- 250 gms Almonds
- 250 gms Cashew nuts
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1.5 tsp Cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp Smoked paprika or any chilli powder of your choice
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pre heat the oven to 190 C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix olive oil, honey, salt, cumin powder and chilli powder in a small bowl.
- Toss almonds with half of this mixture. Spread evenly on the prepared baking tray. Bake for 20-22 minutes stirring every 5-10 minutes, until fragrant and the skins start crackling.
- Take the tray out of the oven. Turn out the almonds on a large plate and let cool.
- Toss cashews with the other half of the mixture. Spread them evenly on the same tray. Bake for 15-17 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Let cool.
- Taste and adjust for salt and chilli powder. Mix both almonds and cashews in a bowl and serve. Enjoy!!