There is nothing as refreshing as a summer smoothie. Fresh fruits packed into a beautiful, chilled glass! This Mango Jamun Smoothie is healthy, tasty and so easy to make.
Really I can't think of a more fantastic way to start my day than a big smoothie. It takes such little time to prepare and is always fantastic! The mango Jamun smoothie needs just a quick blitz in the blender and is ready to go.
Hope you love this smoothie as much as we do!
Let's talk ingredients:
- Sweetener - I never add any sweeteners to fruit-based smoothies like this.
- Dairy - Feel free to substitute yoghurt with milk, soy milk or even coconut milk...whatever floats your boat.
- Toppings - You could top your smoothies with flax seeds, almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, cocoa nibs or just blend any of these into your smoothie. I use my homemade granola, which has all of these ingredients and more!
- Fruits - If you have spotty bananas in your kitchen, slice them up and freeze them. Ripe bananas are great in smoothies and for baking as they are sweeter and more flavorful. I've gotten in the habit of slicing and freezing pretty much all fruits (with the exception of citrus and melons) in danger of spoiling. I try to follow a strict "no waste" policy!
That's about it - once you have the dairy & fruits in place, drop them into a blender and mix until you achieve the consistency you want. Use water to adjust the consistency.
So go ahead, make this delicious, easy, no-fuss smoothie...nourish yourself!
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also follow me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Mango Jamun Smoothie
- 1 Banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 Mango, peeled and diced
- 15 pcs Jamun/ Java Plums, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup Yogurt, plain
- Handful of ice
- Honey ( optional)
- Whiz all the ingredients together in your blender. Thin with as much water as you’d like.
- Do taste and adjust for sweetness if you’d like to. enjoy!