Happy Holi my dear readers!
Keeping it short and quick today. I'm sure most of you are already in celebratory mood, planning Holi with your friends and family! While you're in the midst of doing all that, I've got you one super easy and fun treat - Strawberry Thandai Popsicles!!
All you need is some strawberries, yogurt, rosewater, sweetener of your choice and INSTANT THANDAI MASALA MIX. Five ingredients, five minutes of your time and you'll have a delightful frozen dessert waiting for you when you're back from your holi revelry 🙂
This is definitely not a treat just for one day though. Thandai is a wonderful cooling drink that's perfect for our hot summers. Homemade versions are so much better than what we get in the market. Why not have a jar of the INSTANT THANDAI MASALA MIX ready in the fridge for all the amazing lassis/ milk shakes that are coming our way soon. Maybe a couple spoonfuls in your homemade kulfi or icecreams? In your chilled kheer or chia puddings? Possibilities are endless!
Coming back to this recipe, as I mentioned, it's really so simple. These popsicles are bursting with fresh juicy strawberries. The nutty spicy thandai taste pairs beautifully with them. There is a hint of rosewater in here which gives it an exquisite delicate flavour. It's completely optional and they would be just as fabulous without it.
So wish you a happy and safe Holi celebrations! I’d love to hear from you. Do leave a comment below and share a picture on INSTAGRAM using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods !
Strawberry Thandai Popsicles
- 400 ml Greek yogurt, plain
- 4-5 tbsp Honey/ maple syrup
- 1.5 cups Strawberries, diced
- 2 tbsp Instant Thandai Masala Recipe on the previous post
- 1 tsp Rosewater Optional
- 1-2 Tbsp Pistachio, finely chopped Optional
- In a your food processor, blend together the yogurt, thandai masala , honey and rose water until smooth.
- Add the strawberries and pulse a couple times if you want to keep some bits. If you want a smooth texture, then blend it till they are pureed. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Put some of the chopped pistachios in the popsicle mold, pour in the yogurt mixture. Freeze for at least 8 hours. I prefer overnight. Gently pry out the frozen popsicles and enjoy!