The delightful stone fruits have made their appearance in the markets. Sweet and juicy, they are the best part of summer and make up a large part of our meals. While we adore eating them in copious amounts, I love using them in my cooking and baking too...the most popular being in this glorious Apricot Mango Cherry Smoothie!
As the weather gets hotter, our appetites become rather delicate.Nobody wants to have a proper hot meal. So cold foods it is, and that's when a nourishing wholesome smoothie like this Apricot Mango Cherry Smoothie comes in handy.
I'm quite a stickler for breakfasts. I don't like to miss them at all. I strongly believe a good breakfast sets a positive tone for the day. Fortunately, le familia has pretty much gotten on track with this line of thinking. And whatever else they may eat, smoothies have become a way of life for them. At least our summer breakfasts are sorted!
I do like to load up my smoothies with oats, sometimes soaked buckwheat, nuts, seeds. The combinations are endless and so are the toppings. My favourite always being a sprinkling of my homemade granola. You can get some wonderful recipes for the same on this blog, like -
- You can cut the fruits and put them in freezer the night before to save on prep time in the mornings. Plus, the frozen fruits make smoothies very creamy.
- I usually don't sweeten my smoothies at all as the fruits do that job very well. But if you do prefer to, go ahead use dates, date syrup, honey, maple syrup or any other sweetener of your choice.
- Make this smoothie VEGAN by using any plant-based yogurt or milk.
I hope you'll try this sweet tangy refreshing Apricot Mango Cherry Smoothie this summer! I’d love to hear from you. Please do rate and comment below! You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM , PINTEREST and FACEBOOK for more fabulous recipes!
Apricot Mango Cherry Smoothie
- 1/2 Mango, diced
- 1/3 cup Cherries, pitted
- 6-8 Apricots, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup Oats I like to dry roast them before adding to the smoothie
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Water
- A handful of ice
- Sweetener of your choice Optional ( I didn't add any)
- Granola, nuts, seeds, puffed amaranth Optional
- Place all the ingredients in your blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more water if you'd like a thinner consistency.
- Taste and adjust for sweetness. Sprinkle the toppings, serve immediately. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply