Avocados are a rarity in this house. Not because we don’t like them, but because, I can never seem to get a good one! It’s almost always either overripe or underdone. This is when I follow all instructions to the T, check on them every day, thrice a day, whatever google tells me to do and yet, most often their fate is in the bin! But the day a good one comes, its a fiesta! And this time we celebrated with this velvety dreamy Avocado Cucumber Almond Dip!
This is so great for entertaining and for everyday use. The ingredients are simple and few and your blender does all the work. Store it in an airtight jar for 4-5 days and its still as good as new. We love it with crackers, vegetable sticks, on our toasts, in our sandwiches and its a wonderful salad dressing!
This is one healthy condiment you can eat as much as you want. Avocado, almonds and greek yogurt together provide so much creaminess here, that I promise you don’t miss the mayonnaise or cream cheese. All the herbs pump it up with fresh, bright flavors. This is full of good fats, proteins, vitamins, fiber, potassium, has anti-inflammatory properties….not really what anyone associates with a dip, right? 🙂
- If you don’t have avocado, you can increase the number of blanched almonds to 1/3 cup.
- You can use all cilantro or some basil too if parsley is not available.
- The dip may seem a little runny, but it does thicken as it sits in the refrigerator.
Eating healthy and well does not have to be boring and dull. Try this glorious dip and do let me know how these turned out for you in a comment below.
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Avocado Cucumber Almond Dip
- 1/2 Avocado, diced
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup Almonds, blanched
- 2-3 Tbsp Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup Parsley
- 1/4 cup Coriander/ cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2- 3 Tbsp Extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Toasted almonds, Black sesame seeds, pomergranates For topping
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and whiz until smooth. Taste and adjust for the seasoning.
- The consistency may seem a little thin, but after about 30 minutes of refrigeration, it thickens up.