This Easy Cashew Roasted Red Pepper Sauce hits all the right spots! Its velvety, smoky and fingerlickin’ good! Its so rich and creamy that you won’t believe its dairy free!
This vegan sauce is a 5 ingredient wonder, not counting salt and pepper! And how versatile is it! Use it as pasta sauce, in sandwiches and wraps, as a salad dressing or even just as a dip with crackers. Don’t you just love making all purpose condiments? One jar goes a long way in making your dishes so groovy!
This sauce does need a little planning. The cashews need to be soaked overnight. But here’s a shortcut, you can always soak them for 2-3 hours in hot water to soften them up. And once your red peppers and garlic are roasted and cooled, this recipe takes just a few minutes to come together.
Cashews provide the perfect creamy decadent texture. They impart a mild nutty flavour and are very receptive to any seasoning of your choice. You can make it as spicy and zesty as you like and add whatever herbs you prefer.
Roasted red peppers and garlic bestow a lovely smoky-sweet taste that is so addictive. As a time saver, I usually roast 3-4 red peppers with garlic cloves and keep them refrigerated. These can be pureed and added to yogurt for a quick dip, tossed in pasta or a grilled sandwich. You can even use these to jazz up a simple pizza or omelette.
If you try this recipe, do let me know. I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes!
Easy Cashew Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup Cashew nuts * soaked overnight, rinsed and drained well
- 2 Red peppers
- 6-7 Garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Paprika You can use any variety. Add less or more according to your taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Rub 1 tbsp olive oil all over the red peppers and garlic cloves. Place them on the baking tray and roast for 20-25 minutes. Yo would need to turn the bell peppers a couple times. When the skin is slightly charred, your peppers are ready.
- Place them in a bowl and keep them covered for 5-10 minutes. The skin will be easy to peel off now.
- Combine the drained cashews, roasted bell peppers, garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper in your high speed blender or food processor. Blend till smooth. Yo may want to add a splash of water if you find the consistency too thick. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Enjoy!
- You can also soak the cashews in hot water for 2-3 hours. Rinse and drain them well before using.