Did you know, children, during exam time, are forever cranky and hungry? Apart from the regular comfort food, they are always clamoring for “something different”…preferably sweet in our case. While the mother is trying to stop them from going into a sugar-induced coma, the father is of no help, with his mega sweet tooth! Enter no-bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bites, to save us all!
This recipe is a variant of my Raw Cherry Lemon Cheesecake, which I posted last year. It’s a quick, easy treat that really requires no other equipment other than a high-quality blender and a little bit of your freezer space.
I had a whole bunch of my homemade Date and Almond Granola, leftover from an order. I coarsely ground that up with some dates, cocoa powder, almond meal and rolled oats to make the easiest tart base. Also, the tastiest, if I may say so myself. I had a hard time not taking a few nibbles here and there! This then got filled with a delicious blend of soaked cashews and strawberries, with a touch of maple syrup.
NOTE: If you don’t have granola handy, increase the quantity of oats to 1- 1 1/4 cup and the almond meal to 1/3 cup.
While this does not really taste like a cheesecake that we all know, it is creamy, velvety smooth and oh so lush…. good enough for the finicky customers at home! The fact that it is nutrient-rich, with no refined sugar, also doesn’t hurt. 🙂
Eating healthy and well does not have to be boring and dull. Try these cute-as-a-button dessert bites and do let me know how these turned out for you in a comment below.
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
No- Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- 1 cup Oats
- 1/4 cup Almond meal
- 1/2 cup Granola
- 2 tsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 8 Dates Soaked in hot water
- 1/2 cup Cashews soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 10-12 Strawberries
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup/Honey
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp Coconut milk If required
- Line a 12 cup mini muffin pan with paper molds.
- Add all the ingredients in a blender- oats, almond meal, dates ( without their water), coconut oil, cocoa powder and granola. Whiz it all together till a smooth, sticky dough is formed. You may need to add a teaspoon or more of the date water, to get the dough going.
- Take a little dough at a time and press it down the bottom and sides of the paper liners.
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- Blend together the strawberries, drained & rinsed cashews and maple syrup till thick and smooth. You may want to add a little coconut milk to thin the consistency if its too thick. Taste and adjust for sweetness. Feel free to add more strawberries!
- Spoon in the cheesecake filling in the set tart cases. Return the tray to the freezer and let it set for at least two hours. Drizzle with some dark chocolate if you wish. Enjoy straight off the freezer or you can let the cheesecakes sit at room temperature for a 10-15 minutes before eating them. Enjoy!!