These easy Chai Spiced Walnut Cookies are aromatic, slightly crispy on the outside, and a little soft on the inside. Packed with warm and delicious spices like cinnamon and ginger, these cookies are so comforting! Plus, these healthy cookies are eggless and whole wheat.
I made these on the fly, with no particular recipe in mind. I just used my regular pantry ingredients right there on the countertop. A few tweaks later, this recipe is ready to be shared. This was a very happy kitchen experiment, I must say!
Slightly crispy on the outside, a little soft on the inside, and eggless (yay!!), I kept the cookies lightly sweetened as I wanted the flavor of my outstanding chai masala to shine through. All that cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, made these treats really special!
These are wonderful everyday, healthy whole wheat cookies that we have fallen in love with.
- I have used coconut oil here. Please feel to use butter if you wish. I’ve made these cookies with both and they are lovely with either.
- You can use any good quality store-bought chai masala if a homemade one isn’t available to you.
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Wholewheat Chai Spiced Walnut Cookies
- 160 gms Wholewheat flour
- 75 gms Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Chai masala
- 1 Tbsp Cornflour
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3-4 tbsp Coconut milk
- 115 ml Coconut oil
- 100 gms Walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients- flour, masala, sugar, salt,cornflour, baking powder and walnuts.
- Whisk the coconut oil with 2 tbsp of coconut milk. Add it to the dry ingredients. Mix well, using a wooden spoon. Add more coconut milk, if your mixture is too dry, one tbsp at a time. You are looking for a soft dough which can be easily made into a ball.
- Divide your dough into 14-16 even sized balls. Place them 1/2' apart on the prepared baking tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. They will harden as they cool.
- Store in air tight container at room temperature.