I have no idea why I waited so long share this recipe! Seriously, this Avocado Chocolate Mousse is going to totally surprise you. It’s incredibly rich, creamy, so luxuriously smooth and actually healthy.
A good-for-you, decadent dessert that needs just 4 ingredients to whip up!
We are ticking off a lot of boxes in this recipe –
Glutenfree, dairy free, vegan (I have non vegan options too) and refined sugarfree!
All this while being absolutely sinful.
Health Benefits of Avocado
Avocado is an amazingly high nutrient fruit. High in healthy fats and fiber, it’s a popular food amongst health conscious individuals. Its buttery creamy texture lends itself beautifully to many dishes.
This fruit does not contain any cholesterol, sodium and is low in saturated fats. In fact, its loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
The fat in here also helps in absorbing nutrients/ antioxidants from other plant foods. They also have the least amount of sugar as compared to other fruits.
Its is one of the fattiest plant foods..so as much as you love them, portion control is the key. Especially in recipes like these where you are combining it with chocolate.
Now, in this recipe I used dairyfree vegan dark chocolate from Mason & Co . These are available easily in any organic food store or online. If you couldn’t be bothered with keeping it vegan, use any best quality dark chocolate ( 70% is my recommendation).
I made this dessert with coconut milk and plain Greek yogurt (separately), both worked very well. Also a portion of it was sweetened with honey and the other with stevia powder.
Honestly, I couldn’t tell the difference. So there you go, one simple, no-fuss FOUR ingredient vegan avocado chocolate mousse that can be made with whatever you have on hand. Just make sure your avocado is ripe though! 🙂
If you try this vegan avocado chocolate mousse, I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below and share a picture of your creation on INSTAGRAM using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 1 Avocado, ripe
- 3/4 cup Dairy free chocolate or Dark chocolate (70%)
- 1/4 cup Coconut milk or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Honey or any other sweetener Or 1/2 tsp stevia powder
- Melt the chocolate gently over a double boiler or in a microwave. Stir well. Let it cool a bit before adding it to the other ingredients. - This is very important, else your mousse will be grainy.
- In the meanwhile, combine the avocado, coconut milk/ Greek yogurt, and sweetener of your choice in a blender, until completely smooth. Now slowly add the melted chocolate and run the blender again until everything is combined well. Taste and adjust for sweetener.
- You can add more liquid as well at this point if the mixture is too thick. The mousse will thicken more in the refrigerator.