I’m not much of a winter person, actually, I quite dislike it. There are a few things that keep me going this time of the year – strings and strings of twinkling fairy lights in my house and the amazing array of foods we
can get away with eating get to eat. Chocolate tops the list (of course), with this stupendous Dark Chocolate Bark…
Dark Chocolate Bark has got to be hands down the easiest candy to make EVER! You don’t need a recipe, just some really fine quality chocolate and a handful of nuts, seeds or dried fruits. You can use any chocolate you like – dark, milk, white or a combination of these, even some high-quality dairy-free chocolate will be fabulous here. Flavor your chocolate with a sprinkling of sea salt, chili powder or cinnamon!
Any kind of nuts will do- raw, roasted plain or the spicy roasted ones. Ditto for seeds. You can use sunflower, pumpkin, melon, sesame…all add that requisite crunch. For additional texture strew some raisins, cranberries, dried apricots, cherries, blueberries, prunes, toasted coconut; anything that catches your fancy. How about some popcorn and a drizzle of caramel on top?
All that is required is your creativity. They are incredibly adaptable and fun to make. I just love breaking the set chocolate into jagged shards studded with various toppings. Great for snacking and as dessert, this chocolate bark also makes a lovely edible gift that will impress anyone. Go ahead share the yumminess and don’t forget to drop in a comment about your customized chocolate bark!
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Dark Chocolate Bark
- 500 gms Dark chocolate (70%)
- 50 gms White chocolate optional
- 35-40 gms Shelled pistachios
- 35-40 gms Cranberries
- 15-20 gms Toasted coconut
- 15-20 gms Pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 tsp Sea salt I used smoked sea salt flakes
- Line a baking tray with silpat or parchment paper.
- Roughly chop the pistachio and cranberries. Keep aside.
- Place the dark chocolate in a large heat proof bowl. Place that bowl atop a saucepan of hot water. Keep stirring the dark chocolate till it melts. You can also melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Once melted, pour the chocolate over the lined tray. Spread evenly.
- Now melt the white chocolate ( if using) in the double boiler or microwave.
- Pour the white chocolate over the dark chocolate and using a wooden skewer, gently create swirls.
- Sprinkle on all the toppings evenly all over the surface.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to cool.
- Once completely set, break into rough bite sized pieces. Enjoy!!