Rocky Road Chocolate Bark is the perfect gift for this holiday season and a delicious-looking treat on the table when hosting. This super easy-to-make, 4- ingredient chocolate bark is nutty, and sweet, and has just the right sprinkling of sea salt to add exquisite depth to the flavor!
Bark candy is one of those treats that you probably already have all the ingredients for in your pantry. It's so fun and simple to make, and this rocky road twist on it is one of my favorite dark chocolate bark variations.
There are just so so many goodies that can be put into the chocolate bark, with each variation prettier than the other and the mix of ingredients coming together to happily surprise the taste buds!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS DARK CHOCOLATE BARK
Simple, no-bake holiday treats.
Can be made ahead and stored for 2-3 weeks.
Uses just 4 easily available ingredients.
Look simply gorgeous and is absolutely scrumptious!
HOW TO MAKE ROCKY ROAD CHOCOLATE BARK
- Step 1: Melt dark chocolate either in the microwave in spurts of 60 seconds or in a double boiler. If using the microwave take care not to burn the chocolate!
- Step 2: Keep a parchment paper lined tray ready and evenly spread the melted chocolate on it. Keep the layer slightly thick.
- Step 3: Sprinkle roughly chopped roasted almonds, mini marshmallows, or chopped marshmallows on the chocolate layer. Press these down slightly so as to embed them in the chocolate.
- Step 4: Sprinkle some sea salt on top.
- Step 5: Transfer the tray to refrigerate for a couple of hours till the chocolate is completely set.
- Step 6: Finally, once set, take a sharp knife and cut into different size pieces and serve.
NOTES ON THESE FUN HOLIDAY TREATS
Making this dark chocolate bark is super easy, just take care of some points
- Use the best quality dark chocolate you can find. Once melted it will be glossy and will have a good viscosity.
- Do not overheat the chocolate.
- The melted dark chocolate layer should be slightly thick.
- These dark chocolate almond barks store well. They can be stored for up to 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Chocolate - I have used 55% Dark chocolate for this recipe. Chocolate with higher or lower cocoa content can be used for more bitter or sweeter taste buds.
Nuts - I love almonds here, but feel free to use peanuts, hazelnuts, pecans, or walnuts. Roasting them will add that extra crunch!
Vegan - You can easily use dairy-free chocolate and vegan marshmallows to make this vegan!
OTHER CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPES
Check these recipes for variations. I promise each one will be declared the favorite chocolate bark by the family!
TIP: Make a bark board with all of these chocolate bark recipes for your next party. A mix of these different barks on the table is a delicious visual delight!
More Ideas for Christmas Treats
Eggless Rose Shortbread Cookies
Half the joy of cooking is sharing it with others, which is why I’m always eager to hear from you. So go right ahead and drop a comment or reach out on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook. I hope you love this dark chocolate bark with almonds and marshmallows as much as we do!
Rocky Road Chocolate Bark Recipe
- 2.5 cups / 500 gms Dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup / 100 gms Roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup / 60 gms Marshmallows, roughly chopped You can also use mini marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt flakes
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave, in spurts of 60 seconds.
- Pour the melted chocolate over a tray lined with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Evenly sprinkle the almonds and marshmallows over the chocolate. Press them gently into the chocolate.
- Sprinkle the sea salt flakes and place the tray in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until the chocolate is set.
- Once the chocolate is set, cut it into pieces and serve. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply