Continuing my long list of easy fall dessert recipes with this fabulous Pumpkin Mug Cake! Soft, moist and so flavorful - this is the perfect quick sweet treat.
I was never a fan of mug cakes until my children got obsessed with them. And now it's fun for me to create interesting seasonal recipes for these quick, single-serve cakes like this Chocolate Cherry Mug Cake.
Mug cakes are not just easy and quick to make, but are also very versatile. You could use any flour, flavoring, or seasonal fruit...add chocolate or leave out the chocolate. In case of a mess up ( if there is one at all!), the wastage is minimal.
How To Make the Pumpkin Mug Cake
- These little desserts don't need much prep. Just one small bowl and simply dump all the ingredients in it and mix it all up with a fork.
- Pour into a small ramekin and in the microwave for a couple of minutes. I don't even grease the ramekins anymore. It works out just fine, you eat out of the cup anyways!
- I particularly enjoy making these with alternate flours, for this recipe, I used quinoa flour. And so it's gluten-free!
- I prefer to make these eggless...saves me the bother of looking for a small egg (that's what works well in these little cakes, according to my experience) and also ensures that the cake doesn't overflow.
- This cake also happens to be refined sugar-free, as I had some coconut sugar in the pantry. Feel free to switch and use regular sugar or honey or even maple sugar. It doesn't even need much sugar as the pumpkin puree adds natural sweetness and gosh, how moist it keeps the cake.
And don't worry, even if you're not a pumpkin fan, I can assure you, that you will be after you've tried this recipe!
Can Mug Cakes Be Made In Ovens
These cakes can be easily made in conventional ovens too. They will take longer to bake though, around 10-12 minutes.
You could easily double, triple or quadruple this recipe, and bake the cakes in your oven. They'll still bake up faster than a regular cake. And you don't even have to wait for them to cool so you can eat them warm, straight out of the cups, topped with whipped cream ( I used coconut cream here) or ice cream.
This Pumpkin Mug Cake is a wonderful cozy dessert for cool days. It's soft, moist, has oodles of lovely warm pumpkin pie spices, and is ready in a jiffy.
The best part? It's made with wonderful wholesome ingredients. Like I always say, eating healthy does not have to be boring..ever!
More delicious easy pumpkin fall desserts
Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Muffins
Pumpkin Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and FACEBOOK for more fabulous recipes!
Pumpkin Mug Cake
- 3 tbsp Quinoa flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 small pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp Coconut sugar You may want to add more sugar. This is a lightly sweetened cake.
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2-3 tbsp Coconut milk You can use any milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp, heaped Organic peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Dairy free chocolate or Dark chocolate (70%) chips Optional
- In a small bowl, add the quinoa flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir in the milk, oil, pumpkin puree and peanut butter. You should have a thick batter. If the batter seems too dry, add another tablespoon of milk.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Scrape the mixture into a microwave friendly mug. Place a plate underneath ( to catch any overflow). Sprinkle some chocolate chips if you like. Set the plate in your microwave and cook for 2 minute 15 secs. You may have to cook for another 30 secs, depending on your microwave.
- Serve warm with icecream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
[…] this chocolate cherry mug cake is a dream. Got some pumpkin puree in your fridge? Then give this pumpkin mug cake a go, it is a wonderful one to […]
[…] that you have lying in the pantry. I’ve even made them gluten-free – check out the Pumpkin Mug Cake and Chocolate Cherry mug […]