Pumpkin Pie Bliss Balls – flavoured with warm spices, these chewy, fudgy, soft bites of goodness are a wonderful treat anytime of the day!
This is an easy treat to whip up. Made with good, clean ingredients like rolled oats, cashews, fresh pumpkin puree, peanut butter and date syrup, these healthy little nuggets are really delicious. Dipped in chocolate, they take on a festive look and feel. But feel free to leave the chocolate out, and they’ll still taste like a winner.
How Do I Make Bliss Balls
I used a mix of oat flour ( process some rolled oats in your coffee grinder) and rolled oats as I like the chewy texture and they make the bliss balls heartier. Peanut butter really came in as an after thought to make them fudgier. Feel free to use any nut or seed butter of your preference.
Date syrup worked so well here as a sweetener and as a glue to hold the ingredients together. You can, of course, switch it with honey, maple syrup or agave syrup. Whatever kind of liquid sweetener you like, will work here. Pumpkins are naturally sweet so in any case, the amount of sweetener going in won’t be much. I told you this recipe is a winner!
These Pumpkin Pie Bliss Balls stay really well in the refrigerator. They are perfect for anytime grab –n – go snacking, or a little dessert after dinner. The sugar content in these won’t make you squirm, I promise. Its still a little warm here to pack these babies in school and office tiffins, but yes, they will find their way into those boxes soon.
You can try any kind of variation with this recipe. Add any kind of seeds or nuts. Mix in chocolate chips or cocoa nibs. Throw in some cocoa powder to make them all chocolatey. A dash of coffee powder for that shot of caffeine!
So bring these Pumpkin Pie Bliss Balls to your table. It’s treat that tastes so good, you won’t even care that its really healthy!
More Bliss Ball Recipes :
These are one of the quickest no bake treats I love to whip up. You can find some more recipes on the blog –
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Pumpkin Pie Bliss Balls
- 1/2 cup Cashewnuts soaked overnight or for an hour in hot water, rinsed and drained well
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree See the recipe below
- 1 cup Oats Flour Grind rolled oats in a coffee grinder
- 3 tbsp Rolled oats
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter You can use any nut or seed butter
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 2-3 tbsp Date syrup You can use honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Dark and white chocolate each Optional
- In a food processor, combine the rinsed and drained cashews, pumpkin puree, oats flour, rolled oats, peanut butter, pumpkin pie spice and date syrup.
- Pulse a few times till you get a sticky dough. If the mixture seems too dry, add some water, a tbsp at a time. If the mixture seems too wet, add rolled oats, a tbsp at a time.
- Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 20-30 minutes. This will enable to you to roll the dough balls better.
- Take a tablespoon of mixture at a time and roll into balls. Your bliss balls are ready to eat.
- You can dip these in melted chocolate if you want to dress them a bit. And maybe top with some sprinkles too! Enjoy!
- Pumpkin Puree - peel and dice 500 gms of pumpkin. Steam it and puree it with a fork or in your food processor.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - you can find the recipe here