These decadent Fudgy Avocado Brownies are so simple to make and my new favorite way to use avocados in desserts! They are delicious, rich, and so luxurious.
Apart from the ubiquitous guacamole, avocados are used in pasta sauces, salads, sandwiches, dips, smoothies – like I did in my Mango Matcha Smoothie w/ Avocado .
They are also used extensively in desserts due to their creamy texture and buttery taste. Since they are a rich source of good fats, they are an excellent replacement for butter in your bakes.
Chocolate and avocado go together very well, as I know from my experience in making this gorgeous Chocolate Avocado Mousse. So with this overripe avocado in front of me, I knew I’d try my hand at baking with it this time. I worked on my eggless Fudgy Skillet Brownie recipe, tweaking a bit here and there. And the result was this utterly rich, fudgy brownie. And no, you cannot see or taste the avocado!
How to Make Avocado Brownies
These vegan brownies are a breeze to make. Mash the avocado, mix in with coconut oil, and coconut milk. Mix this with the dry ingredients. There is no vigorous mixing involved here. You just have to mix enough to moisten the dry mixture before folding in the chocolate chips. And then you bake it...see? That easy!
The important part about baking fudgy brownies is that the batter shouldn't be overmixed and then it shouldn't be overbaked. It's always a good idea to let the brownies cool completely before cutting them into squares. But let me tell you, it's also the hardest part!
A small experiment turned out great, giving us a decadent chocolatey delicious treat that we all fell in love with. And bring on the overripe avocados... I know what to do with them now!
More Delicious Recipes with Avocado
If you try this Fudgy Avocado Brownies recipe, do let me know. I’d love to hear from you!
Please do tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes!
Fudgy Avocado Brownie
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Avocado, smashed
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Light coconut milk
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Dairy free chocolate or Dark chocolate (70%) chips
- 2 tbsp Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Dairy free chocolate or Dark chocolate (70%) chips
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Grease a 7" round or square pan and line with parchment paper. If you want to use aluminium foil instead, line the ungreased pan and then grease the foil.
- In a large bowl, add the smashed avocado, coconut oil, coconut milk and the vanilla extract. Whisk it all well.
- Now add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Whisk well until smooth and shiny.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Scoop out the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the walnuts, sea salt and some more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top seems cooked and a skewer inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. You don't want to overbake this.
- Let it cool. Take it out gently, this is a very soft brownie. You may even want to refrigerate it for an hour or two before cutting it. Cut into squares and enjoy!
[…] Visit Our Website- www.tashasartisanfoods.com/blog/fudgy-avocado-brownies/ […]