This delicious Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles comes together with ease, making it the type of meal that becomes a weekly staple!
Asian food is always great cuisine to turn to when I'm in a rush. There's always stir fries, fried rice to the rescue for us. I don't worry about the sauces and all the ingredients that a particular dish may require. Usually I go with what I have and it works...just like it did with these Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles.
Since there were no Soba or Pad Thai noodles at home, good ol' spaghetti was used. Some coloured bell peppers, baby corn, mushrooms and one bok choy, made up for the veggies. You can easily add tofu, shrimps, eggs or chicken here to up the protein content and make it more hearty.
The spicy peanut sauce is a breeze to put together, thanks to the jar of peanut butter that's always in my pantry. Full of bold flavours from fresh ginger , garlic and sriracha sauce..its so good that you can eat it by the spoonfuls!
Light yet immensely satisfying, these Thai Peanut Noodles are creamy, crunchy from all the vegetables and peanuts, spicy and over all so well-balanced in taste and textures.
They are great served warm or even cold. I would add the sauce right before serving though, to prevent the noodles from getting clumpy.
If you try this Spicy Thai Peanut Noodle recipe, do let me know. I'd love to hear from you!
Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes!
Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
- 300 gms Spaghetti
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 Green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 10-12 Button mushrooms , sliced
- 10 Baby corn, sliced lengthways
- 1-2 Bok choy, sliced
- 1.5 Tbsp Sesame oil
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 3 tbsp, heaped Peanut butter
- 4-5 Garlic cloves
- 1/2" Fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce You can add more if you like.
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 5 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Peanuts, red Chilli Flakes, Cilantro, Basil
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Blend all the peanut sauce ingredients together until smooth. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Cook the noodles per instructions. Drain and keep aside.
- In a wok, heat sesame oil, add the vegetables and cook them briefly for 4-5 minutes on high heat, stirring all the time. They should still retain their vibrant colour and crunch.
- Turn the heat off and toss in the noodles. Pour the peanut sauce in and give it all another good toss. Sprinkle with peanuts, chilli flakes, fresh cilantro or basil and serve immediately. Enjoy!