This is hands down my new favorite soup. Roast pumpkin, throw in garlic, some onion, a few carrots and tomatoes and bam – you have a hearty, super delicious soup ready in no time! The roasted pumpkin soup is a total fuss free recipe.
I’ve always enjoyed eating pumpkin, cooked the traditional Indian way. My family, not so much. So I’ve tried a bunch of recipes that appeal to everyone’s taste – this Roasted Pumpkin Soup is one of them! It’s got rich, well balanced flavours, has a thick creamy texture and is the most comforting meal you could ask for. What’s not to love?
Health benefits of pumpkin
This humble vegetable is incredibly rich in Beta Carotene, a powerful antioxidant; that improves eye health and helps to get that radiant skin! It can also protect your skin against sun damage. It has a high content of immunity-boosting Vitamin C, fibre, and potassium; all this together promotes heart health. As its a very low-calorie vegetable, it is recommended for cholesterol controlling and weight loss diets. Another plus point?… It’s easily available throughout the year.
Making the roasted pumpkin soup
Chop all the veggies, cover them in olive oil and oven roast for 30 minutes. After they have cooled down, toss everything in the blender and cream them together. Add water to create the consistency you want! Add the soup mixture to a saucepan to heat and season it.
Quick Notes –
Roasting the vegetables makes them soft, caramelized and infused with the flavours of olive oil, herbs, and garlic. You’ll love the comforting, delicious aroma wafting through your house… The rich depth of flavour that comes through is truly incomparable. Coconut milk makes it luxuriously silky and finally, the lemon juice just makes it sing!
You can make the soup thick and creamy or, if you prefer a lighter consistency, just add some extra water or broth. I don’t skin the tomatoes as I like a bit of texture that comes through. You could certainly pass the soup through a sieve to make it really smooth.
This Roasted Pumpkin Soup is a bowl of creamy dreamy comfort that’s simple to prepare, tastes amazing and is also so good for you!
For more delicious, easy soup recipes you can also try:
- Roasted Carrot Lentil Soup
- Creamy Pea Soup
- Roasted Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Soup
- White Bean, Barley & Mustard Greens Soup
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- 2 Onion, cut in quarters
- 500 gms Pumpkin, peeled & cubed
- 2 Carrots, cut in quarters
- 2 Tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 6-7 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 ml Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Toss all the vegetables in olive oil and roast for about 30 mins until tender.
- Cool the vegetables and puree them in a blender until smooth. Add some water to thin the consistency.
- Heat the soup in a saucepan and season it. Once it comes to a boil, lower the heat. Gently stir in the coconut milk. Simmer for about 5 mins. Take it off the heat and add the lemon juice. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Sprinkle some fresh coriander or parsley, and pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!