Fresh, flavourful & Festive, this Corn Bean Avocado Salad is a summer delight. Creamy avocado, sweet corn & hearty kidney beans together dish out a winner!
We are still bingeing on salads at home! Light and fresh, we are happy to call them our meals and I couldn't be more pleased! Bringing nutritious wholesome food like this Corn Bean Avocado Salad on the table doesn't need loads of time and effort. Just a little bit of prep time is all I'm asking for!
This salad is a cinch to put together once you have some cooked kidney beans and corn on hand. Crunchy bits of bell peppers, cool creamy avocado, spicy bites of jalapeno and the lovely splash of colour and texture from red cabbage micro greens make a lovely delicious salad that we couldn't stop picking on.
The zippy zesty basil cilantro dressing is a keeper, I promise! You can use it as a dipping sauce, or a marinade for your meats, fish, paneer and tofu. Making your own vinaigrettes is not only an easy task, but these are indeed so much healthier than the store-bought variety. Why deal with all the extra sugar/salt and preservatives when you really don't need to!
I served this salad with some plain corn chips and the leftovers went in a wrap for the little man's tiffin.I find that my fussy eater will eat pretty much everything if I serve it differently. So even a small change does the trick!
I hope this lovely spicy kicker of a salad finds place on your table. If you try this recipe, do let me know. I’d love to hear from you! Please do tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes!
Corn Bean Avocado Salad
- 1.5 cups Red Kidney Beans, cooked
- 2 Corn on the cob, boiled
- 1 large Avocado, diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 cup Red cabbage microgreens OR red cabbage, shredded finely
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro/Coriander
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 Tbsp Extra virgin Olive oil
- 4-5 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Remove the corn kernels in a large bowl. Add the kidney beans, bell peppers and jalapeno. Pour some of the dressing on the salad. Give it a good stir. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Add the avocado and the microgreens ( red cabbage) , some more dressing and mix gently. Serve immediately or chill for later. Enjoy!