This Roasted Pumpkin Soup has been a firm family favorite for a long time now. We love it so much, we have it even in summer! But this year, a new entrant is giving the old guard a run for its money - Roasted Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Soup... it's truly a warm comforting hug in a bowl.
This recipe allows you to feel the warmth waft through the house while your oven does the work for you. And you just sit there and enjoy that book till the vegetables are roasted. Roasting vegetables caramelizes the sugars in them, making the flavors intense and slightly sweet!
I adore roasted sweet potatoes in particular. I had a hard time not eating them off the tray when they were done for the soup! They make an incredibly appetizing snack, and in my case, an all-day meal! Get more recipes ideas with them here and here.
Back to the recipe - All you have to do is blitz everything in your blender, add some coconut milk, for richness, season, and heat through, yes, it is that easy. Don't worry if the veggies get a bit charred, it just makes your soup smokey, even better!
I made two types of toppings for my soup. Crispy garlicky Quinoa and the other was simply a little bit of a lovely piquant Tomato Chutney I had handy and some crushed pistachio. The quinoa topping also came from having some leftovers sitting in my refrigerator. While the toppings certainly take the soup to another level of yumminess, the soup is by itself super delish.
Feel free to play around with different toppings though- herbed oven-baked croutons, pesto, crispy onions, herbs, nuts, and seeds of your choice. The options are endless...
I hope you will enjoy this hearty, wholesome, healthy soup as much as we do. Like I always say healthy eating can be fun and yummy!!
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- 2 Onion, cut in quarters
- 500 gms Pumpkin, peeled & cubed
- 2 Carrots, cut in quarters
- 2 Tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 6-7 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 ml Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Toss all the vegetables in olive oil and roast for about 30 mins until tender.
- Cool the vegetables and puree them in a blender until smooth. Add some water to thin the consistency.
- Heat the soup in a saucepan and season it. Once it comes to a boil, lower the heat. Gently stir in the coconut milk. Simmer for about 5 mins. Take it off the heat and add the lemon juice. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Sprinkle some fresh coriander or parsley, and pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!