Fluffy Cinnamon Pancakes - The easiest way to make your weekend breakfast special. And to get those lazy kids to jump out of bed!
I swear, this works every single time, for me. I just have to say pancakes and they come running! They even help setting up the photography boards and props, if I'm doing a pancake photo shoot. The clean up is faster than you can ever imagine...yes, that's how much they love these pancakes!
This is my basic go-to recipe. It truly never fails. You can omit cinnamon ( though why?) and add some citrus zest. Or just keep it vanilla flavored.
Throw in a handful of chocolate chips or blueberries, mashed banana or diced apple. Add a teaspoon or two of coffee powder or cocoa or both. Stir in a nice fruit preserve.
Make it with any flour of your choice. I used wholewheat here. But feel free to use all-purpose flour or buckwheat or ragi ( finger millet flour). You really can't go wrong!
It's a versatile recipe that works with any flavor profile you're going for.
I've used Greek yogurt in this recipe, but use an egg instead. It works just as well. They help in making the pancakes soft and moist. Sometimes I add both.
I prefer using non-dairy milk, just because I'm lactose intolerant. If I'm not eating these, I make them with regular milk too. This is really a simple, fool-proof recipe that guarantees great results every time.
How can I serve these pancakes
My children love eating these with maple syrup and /or chocolate syrup. I enjoy them with honey or a fresh fruit compote and a bunch of fresh fruits. Sometimes thick yogurt sweetened with honey is what I'm in a mood for and that is lovely with pancakes.
Tips to make fluffy pancakes every time:
To ensure fluffy pancakes, don't overmix the batter.
Let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes before cooking.
Flip the pancakes gently and please don't press them down with a spatula.
For extra fluffiness, add an extra 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
If you don't have Greek yogurt, simply drain your yogurt for a few minutes to get rid of excess liquid.
Fluffy Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe
If you try this fun and easy recipe for Fluffy Cinnamon Pancakes, do let me know. I’d love to hear from you! Please do tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes!
Fluffy Cinnamon Pancakes
- 1.5 cups Wholewheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Coconut/ Almond/ Soy milk You can use regular milk too
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the cinnamon powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well to form a smooth, lump-free, thick batter.
- Grease a griddle with oil and heat it. Pour a small ladle full of batter on the griddle. Let the pancake cook for 1-2 minutes more till the underside is golden. Carefully flip it over. Cook on the other side till golden brown. Repeat till all the batter is used up.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or honey. For an extra special flavour, you can serve these with Orange Honey Syrup.* Enjoy!
- You can find the recipe for Orange Honey Syrup here.