Fluffy Cinnamon Pancakes – The easiest way to make your weekend breakfast special. And to get those lazy kids to jump out of bed!
I swear, this works every single time, for me. I just have to say pancakes and they come running! They even help setting up the photography boards and props. The clean up is faster than you can ever imagine…yes, that’s how much they love these pancakes!
This is my basic go-to recipe. It truly never fails. You can omit cinnamon ( though why?) and add some citrus zest. Or just keep it vanilla flavoured. Throw in a handful of chocolate chips or blueberries, mashed banana or diced apple. Make it with any flour of your choice. I used wholewheat here. But feel free to use all-purpose flour or buckwheat or ragi ( finger millet flour).
I’ve used yogurt in this recipe, but use an egg instead. It works just as well. Sometimes I add both. I prefer using non-dairy milk, just because I’m lactose intolerant. If I’m not eating these, I make them with regular milk too. This is really a simple, fool-proof recipe that guarantees great results every time.
- To ensure fluffy pancakes, don’t overmix the batter.
- Let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes before cooking.
- Flip the pancakes gently and please don’t press them down with a spatula.
- For extra fluffiness, add an extra 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- If you don’t have Greek yogurt, simply drain your yogurt for a few minutes to get rid of excess liquid.
If you try this fun and easy recipe for Fluffy Cinnamon Pancakes, do let me know. I’d love to hear from you! Please do tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes!