We are a family of granola devotees. If a bowlful isn’t grabbed for breakfast, then certainly you’ll see a handful or two carried around the house all day long…I know from the trail on the floor!!
I like to experiment with a wide variety of flavors every now and then. Some work, others…oh well! I’d been gifted a couple of small boxes of Matcha a few months back. As I’ve never had it in any form, I was in completely unfamiliar territory here. But I think it was my lucky day and this Matcha Granola was delightful not only to the eye but also to the palate! This has got be the prettiest granola I have ever seen.
Without really knowing how to use Matcha, I just simply added it to my basic granola recipe, mixed in all the seeds I had, some fabulous pistachios and almonds….freshly stocked pantry is like a gold mine, I tell ya!
Quite frankly, I was astounded with the hum that Matcha brought to the granola. The soft lovely green color, subtle grassy, earthy taste, balanced perfectly well with the nuttiness of roasted almonds and pistachios, the sweetness of honey and dates and much-needed tartness from ruby-red cranberries. The play of textures here is truly gratifying.
Matcha is a finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea. It’s considered a superfood since it is extraordinarily rich in antioxidants. It also has high levels of amino acids that help create calmness without drowsiness, increase focus and concentration. We need that, don’t we?!
Don’t have Matcha? Sprinkle in some cocao powder or wheatgrass powder or maybe Moringa powder. Any combination of nuts and seeds can be used. This granola recipe is very simple, adaptable and very healthy. A jar of this at home will have your breakfast sorted out and provide you with wholesome yummy snacking options throughout the day. Not bad for a weekly 30 – 40 minute investment of your time in the kitchen!
Do give this a try and share your granola stories with me! Enjoy!!
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 Cup Popped amaranth
- 1/2 cup Almonds roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Pistachios
- 1/4 cup Sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp Melon seeds
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup Coconut flakes
- 2 tsp Matcha
- 1/4 cup Dried cranberries
- 8-10 pcs Dates Pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Honey/ maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, amaranth, almonds, pistachios, all seeds, coconut flakes and matcha.
- In a small saucepan, mix coconut oil and honey, over low heat till melted and combined well. Stir in the vanilla and orange juice.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Spread out evenly on the prepared tray and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in the cranberries and dates. Allow the mixture to cool for about 30 minutes. Store in an air-tight container. Enjoy!