Persimmon Chia Jam with Ginger & Turmeric...that's quite a mouthful, isn't it? Let me assure you, it's perfectly delicious too. It's a healthy, delicious, refined sugar-free jam recipe that is super easy to make!
This Persimmon Jam is great on toast, oatmeal, ice cream, pancakes, waffles and more.
Inspired by my mother's annual jam-making sessions, I made this quick Persimmon Butter or Jam. Ginger was in for its boost of anti-inflammatory properties ( as was the turmeric!)...also because I like the contrast of slight sharpness against the sweetness.
Taking a cue from my Mulberry Chia Seed Jam, threw in some chia seeds for fast gelling action!
How Sweet is the Persimmon Chia Jam?
We don't really need much sugar here as we are not using it to thicken the jam. Use however much or little as you'd like.
I kept it very lightly sweetened, especially since my persimmons were super sweet.
Use any sweetener you like - honey, coconut sugar or maple syrup.
So here it is, a healthy, delicious, refined sugar-free jam that you can enjoy on toast, crackers, porridge, smoothies, waffles, crepes, and pancakes....oh the possibilities!
What's fabulous about this recipe is that you can pretty much use any fruit of your choice, you have full control over the amount of sugar going in, and it's full of the goodness of chia seeds, ginger, and turmeric.
More Easy Homemade Jam Recipes
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Persimmon Chia Jam w/ Ginger & Turmeric
- 4 Persimmons Diced finely
- 2 Tbsp Coconut sugar Or honey/Maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger Grated
- 1.5" Fresh Turmeric Root Grated/ finely diced
- 5-6 Tbsp Water More if required
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- Place the diced persimmons, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon stick in a thick bottomed pan with 3-4 tbsp of water.
- Cook them for about 10/15 mins on medium heat till the fruit is soft and mushy. Add in the chia seeds and continue cooking for another 10 mins.
- Add some more water if the mixture gets too thick.
- Stir in the sweetener of your choice. Cook for another 5 minutes. Taste and adjust for sweetness. You can add some more water at this point if its too thick.
- Let it cool completely, transfer to an airtight jar and refrigerate. This should last for about a week.