These Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets are the best quick and delicious snack recipe! Perfect for after-school munching, or to serve alongside your lunch or dinner. These homemade nuggets could not be more simple to make.
This recipe is an easy healthy take on what the fast-food chains and frozen section in the supermarkets offer. Good quality chicken, homemade breadcrumbs and baked instead of fried. Now I don't have a problem with fried food, my issue is more with the quality of food and oil being used. And hello, no preservatives, low sodium and great in taste. These Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets are a winner all the way!
Homemade Breadcrumbs for Chicken Nuggets
Making your own breadcrumbs is as easy as it can get. Simply tear up a few bread slices and grind them to crumb consistency in your food processor or mixie. Grated cheese gives a wonderful bite of deliciousness without making the nuggets "cheesy". This breadcrumb mixture also helps in keeping the chicken moist and juicy.
Your stash of dried herb jars will come handy now! Use them to flavour the meat and the breadcrumbs. You don't want to bite into a bland piece of chicken, right?
Yogurt Dip For Chicken Nuggets
While most kids love these with ketchup, mine enjoy these nuggets with a simple hung yogurt dip. Drain a cup of yogurt in a sieve lined with muslin for a couple of hours, stir in any fresh herbs you've got - mint, basil, cilantro, some salt & pepper and you've got yourself a lovely fresh dip. This works so well as a sandwich spread too.
Storing and Re-Heating The Chicken Nuggets
These nuggets store well in the refrigerator for a couple of days. The best way to reheat them is in a preheated oven for a few minutes or on the stovetop in a saute pan. And while they are essentially a great snack food, you can serve them with a light salad, in a sandwich, or as a wrap, like I do, to turn them into a light meal. You can use a tortilla or a roti, spread some dip, add some vegetables and the nuggets, roll it up and enjoy!
If you try this recipe, do let me know. I’d love to hear from you! Please do tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes!
Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 500 gms Chicken breast, boneless & skinless
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin Olive oil plus extra for brushing over the chicken before baking
- 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Fresh breadcrumbs 4-5 slices of bread finely ground in a grinder/mixie
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp Grated cheese
- Cut chicken into 1.5"-2" pieces. Combine well with salt ,pepper, oil, Italian seasoning and smoked paprika. Keep aside for a few minutes.
- Combine the breadcrumbs with cheese, Italian seasoning and chilli flakes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and brush it with oil.
- Coat each piece of chicken with the breadcrumb mixture, liberally. Pat the mixture well on to the chicken to make it stay.
- Place the chicken pieces on the baking tray. Brush with some oil and bake for 15-18 mins. Flip over and bake for another 5 mins.
- Serve hot with ketchup or any dip of your choice. I used a hung yogurt dip with basil and mint. Enjoy!
[…] Visit Our Website- www.tashasartisanfoods.com/blog/crispy-baked-chicken-nuggets/ […]