We've been inhaling these Easy Cheese Waffles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in our house. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, these waffles are incredibly simple to make and fabulous to taste, they are just perfect for any meal of the day!
I think, by now you know how much my kids love to wake up to pancakes and waffles. Since they got introduced to the savory version with SWEET POTATO CORNMEAL WAFFLES, there has been no looking back. Now with these Easy Cheese Waffles, we are all having so much fun. Top them with eggs, some grilled veggies and chicken perhaps, even a simple tomato salad works. And oh do try making a grilled cheese sandwich with them! It's superb!
The batter for these waffles got an extra dose of deliciousness from MOTHERDAIRY 's cheese cubes. Its got a lovely mild flavour that pairs perfectly with anything savory you want to create. It melts beautifully and you'll never get a rubbery stringy texture from this cheese. Ever. I've been using MOTHERDAIRY products for ages and it's such a pleasure to collaborate with my favourite dairy brand.
This Easy Cheese Waffle recipe is the first one in the series of the #EatCheeseRepeat #FunBhiFillingBhi campaign. Do tune in for my #InstaCookingClass with Mother Dairy on Instagram and on the MOTHER DAIRY FRESH DELIGHTS FACEBOOK page later this week to see the recipe video. Hope you have as much fun making these waffles as I did! A big thank you to the absolutely gracious and wonderful team at MOTHERDAIRY for this tremendous opportunity.
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes!
Easy Cheese Waffles
- 1.5 cups Wholewheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp Smoked paprika You can use any red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Milk, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin Olive oil
- 3/4 cup MotherDairy cheese cubes, grated
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, finely minced
- Extra oil for greasing the waffle iron
- Combine the dry ingredients - wholewheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, paprika, and black pepper, in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk well the milk, eggs and olive oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well till you get a smooth, lump-free mixture.
- Add MotherDairy grated cheese, green onions and minced garlic to the batter.
- Preheat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions. Grease the waffle cavities well and pour a ladleful of batter in the lump free. Let the batter cook for 5-6 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply