chilled creamy chocolate peanut butter smoothie for breakfast? are you with me on this?
And yes, it’s a really HEALTHY one too! I mean, how bad would it be to get your chocolate fix in the morning and feel really good about it?!
This is continuation with my weekly SMOOTHIE recipe update from the archives. For a family of die – hard chocoholics, its imperative that there are some kick ass Chocolate Smoothies in my repertoire.
I feel really good about having this for breakfast as its protein rich, refined sugar-free, and tastes like dessert! Peanut butter adds a good amount of body to this smoothie, and that keeps you feeling full for a decent amount of time. I would strongly suggest using good quality organic peanut butter here. They are easily available in the market or online now.
I don’t add any sweetener to this smoothie as the bananas and dates do that job fairly well. We all prefer a more dark chocolate flavour. Kids sometimes do like a bit of maple syrup or honey in theirs, depending on their mood.:)
I always recommend using very ripe bananas as they add a lot more flavour and sweetness. To make the smoothie even creamier, you can try soaking the dates in a little bit of warm water to soften them. Then they blend very well with the rest of the ingredients. I don’t mind a bit of texture from the unsoaked ones.
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie is not only wonderful for breakfast, but it also is fabulous as an after school snack or a post workout drink. You can always add a tablespoon of homemade protein powder to make this smoothie even more nutritionally abundant.
I hope you enjoy this creamy dreamy smoothie as much as we do! I’d love to hear from you. Please do rate and comment below! You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM , PINTEREST and FACEBOOK for more fabulous recipes!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1.5 Banana, sliced and frozen
- 6 Dates, pitted
- 2 tsp Flax seeds
- 1.5 tsp cocoa powder I used dark cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Organic peanut butter
- 250 ml Light coconut milk You can use any milk of your choice
- Handful of ice
- Maple syrup/Honey/ Any sweetener of your choice Optional ( I didn't add any)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blitz till silky smooth. Taste and adjust for sweetness. You can add more cocoa powder and peanut butter at this point according to your preference.Thin with as much water/ milk as you like.